Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

ACCURATE INNOVATIONS STOCKS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2005, 04:38 AM
Silver Member

Re: ACCURATE INNOVATIONS STOCKS

June won't kill me I think I'll wait. I can always find something else to buy in the mean time. Thanks Chain
Old 04-23-2005, 04:27 PM

The stocks are beautiful, but would it be possible to purchase just the 'Golden Accuracy Aluminum Chassis' without the stock ?
Old 05-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member

Gunflash....They don't sell the aluminum chassis by itself. One reason is that not everyone could properly inlet and bond the chassis to a stock, and a bad outcome would be very bad publicity. Sorry I took so long to reply. (spring turkey season) Hope you didn't give up checking the board. Thanks, Tom

A big fast bullet will beat a little fast bullet every time
Old 05-07-2005, 12:22 AM

Tom,
Thanks for your reply about just purchasing the "Golden Accuracy Aluminum Chassis" by itself.
I'm in the process of pillar bedding right now, and it's taken me a few weeks (but I'm enjoying it). After seeing their web site, it makes me jealous of what a machine can do.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

Update on an A.I. grey laminate sporter stocked Wby mk V. Rebarreled an Accumark with a Shilen #7 select match stainless barrel. Cut a 30 x 378 factory spec chamber (lots of freebore). Steelbedded the action onto the aluminum chassis. Barrel is 27 1/4" and modified 11 deg crown. Owner shot a .091" 5 shot group at 100 yds on 10 aug. Ammo is 180 gr barnes X (moly coated by owner) handload. I have seen the target and am sending a copy to Ben at Accurate Innovations. It is the best group I have ever seen out of a big Weatherby.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Platinum Member

Chain: I have talked to Ben at A. I. several times lately, but haven't remembered to ask him if the Savage chassis is ready. Will try to remember next time. I commented this spring that they were worth waiting for.... He sent me 6 stocks to demo at the HGCA Houston show and one was a Supreme in AAA claro (near presentation grade I think) for a Howa 1500 long action. If I could afford to indulge, I would buy it from him just to look at it. It is drop dead gorgeous. (at about a grand). Cheap for a truly custom stock. I've got one on order for a customer at $1100 in AA English. Can't wait to see it.

Deer season opens on 5 Nov. so I'll be in and out for a while, but will post on the Savages as soon as I think to ask about them.

Ian, if you see this post, call Ben.

Old 02-23-2006, 12:23 PM
Platinum Member

Update on .30x.378 in Accurate Innovations Targeter stock. This rifle I built for myself on a Mk V action with a Hart/Remington bbl that I took off of a .30x.338 40X and opened up to the Wby. Finished @ 27 1/4" and no brake. Steel Bedded it on top of the aluminum chassis and scoped it with a 6.5 x 20 Leupold L/R mildot side focus. Best group so far is < 1/2 moa with a fouling shot. Last 4 rds went into .204" at 100 yds. Load is H-5010 with 215 M primer and 190 gr Matchking. It is a little stiff on extraction. I will back off the powder until it extracts normally. If I knew how to post a picture, I would. Ben has a picture of the rifle, but not the group yet. The Targeter feels and looks great on the rifle. Weight is just under 13 lbs.