Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

ACCURATE INNOVATIONS STOCKS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Platinum Member

ACCURATE INNOVATIONS STOCKS

Received first shipment of stocks today. Both laminated and solid walnut, sporter weight and varmint weight. Laminates are slightly heavier than the walnut... 1/4 lb. approximately. The insert is anodized for corrosion resistance, runs forward to pick up the front sling swivel, and is virtually a seamless fit in the wood. A titanium pin angles down through the wrist (hidden), and aluminum bedding pillars are installed. All stocks are sealed with a urethane finish, and the walnut stocks are additionally hand finished with Permalyn. The satin finish shows no shaping or sanding marks. A decelerator pad is fitted and the standard length of pull is 13.5". Sling swivel studs are installed. A long list of options is available, and MSRP ranges start at $339-$409 for standard stocks, and $799 for the Supreme, which starts with AAA claro walnut. Other exotic woods are also available. The list of actions available now includes Remington, Winchester, Weatherby 9 lug Mk V, Commercial large ring Mauser, Howa, and Ruger. More are promised. It will probably be 2 weeks or so before I get to shoot any of these stocks, but if they shoot like they look, I'm through building my own stocks.

A big fast bullet will beat a little fast bullet every time
Old 01-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Bronze Member

Re: ACCURATE INNOVATIONS STOCKS

Pics man. Color commentary doesn't hold nothin' to a pic.

Ronnie
Old 01-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Platinum Member

SeniorSendero---I need to learn how to post pictures, no doubt. I barely get text right at this point. If you go to their website, www.accurateinnovations.com, they have some good ones already up. Thanks, Tom

Old 01-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Bronze Member

Awesome looking wood.

I'm looking for a Ruger MII stock in full length-mannlicher style, would they have one.

Also, could they do a custom stock to fit a swiss K-31?

I see they will have M98's soon, but what about Mannlicher's for M98's?
Old 01-31-2005, 08:19 AM
Platinum Member

Cutty47....They're are at the Shot Show now, and I won't get a chance to talk to them for several days. Since they CNC mill their own stocks, I don't know how much time it would take to program a Mannlicher style stock or what they might charge to do it. Right now, all their stocks are designed to free float the barrel; not sure you could do that successfully with a full length stock, tho. I'll try to remember to ask the next chance I get. Also, if they see your posting, they may respond. One of their Supremes in a Mannlicher would be a knockout.
Thanks, Tom

Old 02-08-2005, 12:02 PM
Platinum Member

Cutty47---No plans at present for Mannlicher style stocks. Main reasons are stock mill limitations and the free float issue. They are very focused on the accuracy potential of their stocks and are reluctant to risk it. Also, no plan to make stocks for the K-31. However, they are making some engineering changes to accomodate earlier Ruger M77's in addition to the M77II in their present stock lineup. (Not one of your questions, but is good news for some shooters). Thanks, Tom.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member

They had a unique stock made from BAMBOO at the SHOT show, light and very strong. Very nice fitting stock designs, excellent bedding system. Very nice folks to talk to.