Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

7mmRUM with 30 caliber barrel

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2003, 10:04 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mmRUM with 30 caliber barrel

DWM,

Remington chambered the 7mm Ultra for him, but "did it with a 30 cal barrel", now that they want him to likely pay to have it replaced because he had a muzzle brake put on it, which is totally ridiculous in and of itself, he is better off (cheaper) to have it rechambered to 300 Ultra, or to sell the 30 cal barrel to someone that wants it and buy a custom 7mm barrel.

Myself, I'd take Remington to court and make them give me a new barrel, let them tell the "judge" they didn't f_ck him as he looks at the 7mm Ultra Mag stamp on the barrel to decide! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The 7mm or 30 cal isn't an issue, just the simplest, quickest way out of the fix, likely. I am not to sure how fast things move through small claims court, but I'd sure pursue it, I doubt one would need a lawyer in this case at all.

If they stamped 300 Ultra Mag on a 7mm barrel and chambered and throated it for a 30 cal, they'd be in very deep Sh$t, reguardless of weather he took it down and had a muzzle brake installed on it or not. They could also be charged with negligent homiside if a death resulted in them doing so too.
Old 02-26-2003, 11:32 PM
Gold Member

Re: 7mmRUM with 30 caliber barrel

I agree with Brent" Even if there is some Remington bashing out there, you would be well advised to get a real good lawyer.
I smell a major recall here. If sombody losses there life or end up blind..
Dang! This don't sound right, There was a shooter on another sight that had a bolt handle that broke off and had a bunch of BS from them.. It was like pulling teeth.
They forgot about quality!!!!
Keith.