Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Equipment Discussions

6.5 creedmoor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 11:36 PM

6.5 creedmoor

Just got my savage model 10 predator today. Want to replace the stock with a Bell and Carlson or Choate stock. Anybody who has done this could you give me some pointers please. What stock did you go with and what kind of work did you have to do to the stock. It is a 6.5 creedmoor savage model 10 predator, RH. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:32 PM
Bronze Member

Re: 6.5 creedmoor

I've got a B&C, and would recommend it just for the weight savings alone.
Old 08-10-2014, 04:04 AM

Re: 6.5 creedmoor

B&C don't offer a stock for my model. It's the accu stock, and the person I talked to said they didn't make one for the accu stock.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:25 PM
Silver Member

Re: 6.5 creedmoor (Ruger America)

I wish SOMEONE would make a nice, adjustable stock for my Ruger American Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Now I have to add a foam cheepkiece, hog out the forearm a bit, fill the forearm and butt stock with a a non-silicone caulk filler (for better balance) and replace the sling studs with flush cap swivels. Also I'll get a muzzle brake since the Predator version already comes with a threaded barrel and cap.

The American is gaining steadily in sales so probably next year there will be some aftermarket "stock options".