Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Zombie antelope

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member

Zombie antelope

I have tried both Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Picture Manager to get rid of the zombie eyes of dead antelope. I try use the Redeye function even though there is no red and it does not do anything but mess up the rest of the antelope.

What software and what buttons do you uses to cure them.

Old 08-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Zombie antelope

I use MS Picture It and the red eye repair takes it out and turns it into this.

Then it's only a couple of clicks if you want to and the small white spot can be removed also.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member

I am by no means a Photoshop expert but it works well for me sometimes. In the red eye fly out there are 4 tools. If the red eye tool does not get it then the next best choice would be the spot healing brush. Just blow it up and fix it one pixel at a time. Sometimes an eye or a spot will clean up easy and then there are the ones that never look right. I am sure there are other ways. Photoshop is an excellent program.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 08-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Silver Member

Hey buffalobob, just do what they used to do years ago when they laid people out on a slab for viewing - just stick a penny in each eye!
:^)
Old 09-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Platinum Member

Bob,
I resolved that problem with a thin bit of clay or dirt over the eye of a buck once. Easier is to turn the head slightly so the light does not reflect directly back out of the eye. I understand reflection off the rich supply of blood vessels in the back of the eye is the root of the problem, so a minor angle will eliminate that happening. I tried it on an antelope buck a couple of years ago and seemed to fix the problem.
Good luck with your hunting and photography.
ian
Old 09-01-2008, 11:40 AM
SPONSOR

This any better ??

Old 09-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

I have tried Adobe "starter 3.2" and Microsoft "Photo Editor" and I am just doing something wrong with the software because I can't make that happen. Everybody seems to be able to do it but me. :confused: