Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Your take on dealing with a wounded animal ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Your take on dealing with a wounded animal ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phorwath View Post
Because as you have correctly characterized them - ethics are opinions. But ethics are more engrained in the genetic fabric than what would otherwise be described as simple opinions. They're opinions that some people are willing to die for. Worse yet, everyone has one. Don't mak'em right. They're on the order of individual or group belief systems, morals, religions. Al-Qaeda commits suicide bombings to enforce their ethics and morals.

But primarily and most importantly, the guy that created and controls this Forum says so. You don't like it - you know what the alternative is...
Well put but your trying to converse with someone that has gone down this type of road before and never seems to comprehend what is explained.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Gold Member

Re: Your take on dealing with a wounded animal ?

Im with trebark. Most people let an animal bed to keep from bumping it and loosing the game. I fortunately have never had to do this but I totally understand why someone would. Im not going to get into an ethics discussion but Its the hunters decision and I think unless your in their shoes then its hard to give judgement on. If its late, not sure of the hit I understand. I have seen whitetail and elk that if hunters wouldnt have bumped them and given them some time would have recovered the animal instead of having a nightmare. This is a touchy subject though. whats too far to shoot at game, whats too large of gun etc etc etc. Just my two cents.