Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Your Opinion on Self-Defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 03:22 PM
Gold Member

Re: Your Opinion on Self-Defense

This is how bad it has got in Britain;
If an intruder is savaged by my dog in my home, i am liable to prosecution for having "An out of control dangerous animal" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
This is what happens when liberals are allowed a free hand to bring in human rights laws without any debate at government level [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Ian.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Silver Member

Grit,

Believe it or not I am in the Czech Republic - Europe, CCW is still fine here. I carry a 21/2" barrel 686 plus IWB. I have been through a lot of pistols to settle on this revolver. It does what I need comfortable and reliable, I replaced the rubber grips with wooden ones so it does not chaff the skin. Granted weight is not light but I train a lot more with it than I would a scandium version I think.

David.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member

Ah, mine is a big pretty one. 6" barrel and the nicest trigger I own. It is a joy to shoot.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Bronze Member

Grit, I think there is a big difference between you looking in a fridge in regular street clothes and someone in all black looking through drawers in a bed room. Still, not trying to be silly, but you must have algebra on the brain being a student and all. I can't say that I've ever mistaken a truck b4, however, mine is usually muddy and always has different tires than the usual truck would.
Old 03-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member

vet,
Only had one thing on the brain in college. It wasn't algebra. Lots of long nights. Lots of longer days after long nights.

As to the truck, the resemblance was almost scary. I have a big scratch on the passenger side above the wheel. The back of my bed is also dented so the four wheeler will fit. This truck had matching scratch and dent. It was dark too. He was also parked just one aisle in front of me.

Used to drive trucks that couldn't be mistaken. I prefer reliable and quiet now.