Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

you just gotta love what kids come up with

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2005, 11:37 PM
Platinum Member

Re: you just gotta love what kids come up with

My neighbor is the most huntin'est, fishin'est person I have ever met. He has been taking his two boys with him from the time they were able to sit in a baby back pack type carrier. My 7 year old plays hunting and army related stuff with them all the time. They are 9ish and 10ish (born 18 mo apart)now but a few years ago they were playing imaginary fishing while sitting on the kitchen floor. They had one imaginary pole to share and had agreed that the fishing regs were "catch and release". One of the boys caught a pretty sizeable fish and decided that he would keep that one. The other brother said he couldn't and demanded that he throw it back. Well the fight was on and their mother actually had to seperate them when the regulation dispute came to blows.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:09 PM
Gold Member

Thanks for all the replies,they were great!
And yes,I am truly cherishing this time and am doing my best
to bring them up with respect for life and to know personally the Creator of all things.
I plan to get my 4yr.old son a .22 Cricket for His 5th. birthday....I can't wait [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
thanks again and feel free to keep adding.
308nate
Old 05-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Bronze Member

My oldest was 5 when I bought him a bb gun and gave him the basic safety talk. He carried the gun around for the rest of the day practicing his prone, knelling, standing and setting positions. I put him and his little brother to bed around 8 p.m. and when I checked in on them about 11 p.m. he was sitting propped up with his red Ryder cradled in his arms. I asked him why he wasn’t asleep and he said he was watching for bad people, I asked him what he was going to do without any ammo and he told me “they don’t know that”. That was 39 years ago and he’s still watching out for the bad people this time in Iraq.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member

I wish I could designate that my taxes go toward making sure he never goes on duty without enough ammo.