Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

YOU COULD BE NEXT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2005, 11:04 AM
Gold Member

YOU COULD BE NEXT

In the fall of 2002 Opening day of Deer hunting season . 12 Weyerhouser workers in IDABEL Oklahoma were fired because they had Guns in there locked Cars an Trucks in the parking lot .Since then the Oklahoma legislature approved a measure to prohibit compaines from restricting worker ability to carry legal firearms in their cars. Of-course it has been appealed. The NRA is helping the gun owner side they are calling for a boycott of Cnonco/Phillips OIL company. For more INFO you can check this out on www.new channel 8 .com use Search newchannel 8for "" boycott"" next site www.NRA.org Then check in NRA in the media ""NRA OIL COMANY CLASH OVER GUNS"" NEXT www.tulsa world.com use search ""NRA"" All of this INFO has came from newchanel 8 in TULSA Okla, an the other two web site. This could come to your STATE NEXT. What do your think . ""GOD BLESS""

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Old 08-02-2005, 03:44 PM
Silver Member

Re: YOU COULD BE NEXT

Words cannot describe the anger I feel at these companies discriminating against legal ownership of firearms. There are too many of these stories recently. I wish I knew how to help with these issues, but I guess I'll be more help just keeping my mouth shut and paying my NRA dues!
Old 08-02-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Words cannot describe the anger I feel at these companies discriminating against legal ownership of firearms. There are too many of these stories recently. I wish I knew how to help with these issues, but I guess I'll be more help just keeping my mouth shut and paying my NRA dues!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here...I just renewed my NRA... I guess thats the best help we can do as a regular citizen.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Platinum Member

Actually "just keeping your mouth shut" is the worse thing you can do.

As a member of the NRA you should be getting regular emails from them regarding the many issues that are important to shooting sportsman. They frequently have links to your senators, assemblymen and other politicians who need to hear from all of us on these issues.

Speakly intelligently but often . Follow the NRA's advice and contact your legislators. Silence will be the death of our sport.

Heck, my senators probably know me on a first name basis. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

VH
Old 08-02-2005, 05:30 PM
Platinum Member

Redbone,
I agree with arthurj in keep paying our NRA dues. The least we can all do is support those that are doing something for our rights, and in supporting NRA we are doing something.
I my self get pretty excited with all the none sence we keep seeing. I hate traveling to California because we know the law breakers will not abide by the law and will be packing, while us the law abiding citizens have to pack in the trunk of our cars... Man! how can there be people that don't understand that the law is protecting evil and telling us we do not have the right to protect our selves and our families... [b]"Excuse me Mr. Rapist, don't touch my daughter let me get my gun out of my trunk! Honey Where did I put the magazine? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Silver Member

before I get flamed for expressing my thoughts and opinion.

I am all for responsible gun ownership.

Does the company have a policy against firearms on the premisis? (sp)

If it does, did the employees sign their employee records saying they were told of the policy?

If the company had the policy, like both of the companies I now work for and the employees took their firearms to work, I believe their jobs should have been terminated, just as mine would be. Even with a concealed weapons permit I could not have any firearm in my vehicle if it is parked on the grounds. The rules aren't there to protect the world from those of us that are honest and trustworthy. They are there to protect us from having our firearms used by someone else.

If you absolutely don't have time to go home before going afield, park off campus. then you aren't violating policy and everyone remains tollerant. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
"I am a stone. I do not move. Very slowly, I put snow in my mouth and he won't see my breath. I take my time. . . I have only one bullet. I aim at his eye. Very gently, my finger presses on the trigger. I do not tremble. I have no fear"
Old 08-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Silver Member

This is not a flame, sasquatch. I read the linked article, don't know if you did, or know anything about what happened? Basically, it looks like what the fired employees did was legal, but it may have been against company policy? The part that is not explained is how the company came to know that there was a violation of policy? Did they conduct searches and seizures, a violation of the Bill of Rights, but consistant with company policy?

Is company policy the law of the land; are strip searches next? Maybe gun towers....just in case?

It seems to me that a private vehicle, lacking what the police call "probable cause" should be protected from groundless searches. Or, if there was some sort of evidence, then the matter should have been handled by LE under the authority of a search warrant.

I'd like to think that I do not surrender my Constitutional Rights in order to be employed by this Facist Conglomerate.

Good hunting. LB