Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Yo! Remington 25-06, why didn't you ship off to Army Basic Training?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2006, 09:23 PM
Gold Member

Yo! Remington 25-06, why didn\'t you ship off to Army Basic Training?

Just Curious what happened. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Big Al
Old 04-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Gold Member

Re: Yo! Remington 25-06, why didn\'t you ship off to Army Basic Training?

Yo! Remingtonman 25-06,

Being an old retired Army guy myself, and since you haven't replied to my several posts, I took it upon myself to do a little homework on you. Now, I'm trying to give you as much opportunity to bring your own story to out, since there are usually two sides to every story, but you seem to to be avoiding the issues. If you don't elaborate, I just might do it for you. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I take the military very seriously and personally and I don't like to see fellow soldiers have their time wasted. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Big Al

ps. I will send a PM sent ASAP incase you care to respond off line.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Platinum Member

GSSP,
Recently i swapped bullets with Remmy . I sent mine , and he sent his . His didn't come for quite some time , and because of this I was emailing him and not getting a response . Turns out that when he finally responded that he was doing so on someone elses computer as his home comp had crashed . He also stated that he wouldn't be posting here much because of that .

I decided to give benefit of the doubt and waited a few days more . Then the bullets arrived with a postmark matching the date he stated he sent them. they were sent regular mail and took over a week to get here .

This is my experience with Remmy , dont know anymore than that . My email is in my bio should you care to contact me .

Jim B.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:17 AM
SPONSOR

I am not trying to tick anyone off here but I really dont see where you have the right to call Rem out on the board here. Whatever he is doing is his own business and it is his choice to respond or not, not yours. Maybe I am just taking this the wrong way but it sure does seem like you are trying to threaten him and I know that is not what this board is for.

You gave him to choice to respond to you offline, seems to me like you should have left this stuff there in the first place

Rem if you do read this you do need to get your butt back online. Not to respond to this stuff but so you can post some more pics of you hammering yote's way the hell out there!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

take it easy
steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 04-21-2006, 11:57 AM
Platinum Member

Just passing it along....

http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/s...true#Post104849
Old 04-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Gold Member

lerch,

I'm not trying to tick any one off either. I'm trying to keep this off line as much as possible. You are right, he does not have to respond. I don't have to be quiet about it either. I just want to make sure that if their was an injustice by Remmy, then I feel he needs to right a wrong. I'm also trying to keep it in the General section; as he did when he opened the whole can of worms by announcing his enlistment into the Army.

I've always appreciated Remmy's posts. To enlist or not is a very personal choice and I don't care either way. It's wasting the time and energy of many Army recruiters and tax payers dollars that gets my blood boiling.

I'll be out of town for a few days and won't be able to respond to anyone else.

Big Al
Old 04-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member

I just chickened out basically. I also looked at all my options and what not and just decided it wasn't the right time either. Dont exactly want to go to war.

Jim glad your bullets got there. Sorry they took so long.

My home computer crashed, so there'll be little psoting from me for a while. I shot a fox and a coyote the other day though. Fox was about 200, the coyote was about 100. Shot both of them with my .222 Rem. I got pics, but kinda hassle to post them on a computer thats not mine.

Sorry for the confusion guys.