Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Wyoming Rep Immediately Re-introduces Bill to Allow Suppressor Use

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 02:23 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Wyoming Rep Immediately Re-introduces Bill to Allow Suppressor Use

Here is a list of the AG committee members that will decide on an amendment to SF 132.

Mark.Semlek@wyoleg.gov
stan.blake@wyoleg.gov
Rita.campbell@wyoleg.gov
John.Eklund@wyoleg.gov
mike.greear@wyoleg.gov
hans.hunt@wyoleg.gov
Robert.McKim@wyoleg.gov
Nathan.Winters@wyoleg.gov
dan.zwonitzer@wyoleg.gov

Please send a message indicating support of the unamended bill. The problem I see with only allowing suppressors for varmints are those of us who hunt coyotes/prairie dogs while hunting antelope. If I have a suppressed rifle in my truck while carrying an antelope tag during open season this leaves the door open for an overzealous game officer to write a ticket based on perceived "intent".

As far as poachers using them, they are expensive and require a lengthy background check, the type of people who are willing to put themselves through this kind of scrutiny have confidence that they will pass the background check as well as know they will continue to uphold the laws that allow them to keep the privelage to own them.

Youth hunters will benefit the most with the ability to make more accurate shots because they can overcome a flinch associated with recoil and noise. Less wounded animals more recovered game and a confident returning hunter next year.

Dan
Old 01-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Platinum Member

I've received one positive reply from a rep already, looking forward to more.

There is a great discussion of this topic that included suppressor manufacturers input here:

ATTN: WYOMING SUPRESSOR OWNERS!!! UPDATE 08/01/12 - Sniper's Hide Forums

t

Old 01-30-2013, 04:48 PM
SPONSOR

emailed all and have one positive and one on the fence. followed up with a reply email that was addressing his doubts.

fingers crossed !
Old 02-01-2013, 12:50 PM
SPONSOR

copied from SH thread....

In addition, you should call the House receptionist and leave message for the AG committee members above asking them to support SF132 with NO Amendments.

The House receptionist number is 307-777-7852.

Rep. Blake, Zwonitzer, Greear, Semlek and Campbell are the ones I'm not sure about their support.
Rep. Semlek offered the amendment to allow for non-game only. Please explain in your phone calls that other states allow hunting for all species and there are no apparent issues in those states.
Be polite and ask for support with No Amendments.

With apologies to Les Johnson, " Let's get to dialin' ."!

That includes you out of state guys who want to shoot suppressed when you come prairie dogging!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Bronze Member

It looks like this bill passed today without amendments. Good job guys.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!

i heard it on the radio today. bill is on the governors desk, AJ
Old 02-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Platinum Member

Apologies gents, I've been away on business. So, without further ado:

Wyoming: House Passes Hunting Improvement Bill Without Harmful Amendments Today

Two other pro-gun bills still need your help to pass

Thanks to passionate input from hunters and sportsmen, the Wyoming House of Representatives voted 44 to 14 in favor of a much-needed pro-hunting reform. SF 132, as introduced by Senator Ogden Driskill (R-01), passed in the Senate and House Agriculture Committee by overwhelming margins. Earlier this week, Representative Albert Sommers (R-20) added a last-minute, crippling amendment to the pro-hunting bill. Representative Sommers’ amendment to Senate File 132 would have maintained the state’s outdated ban on hunting with suppressors for all game except varmints. Before final passage of SF 132 on its third reading today, House Speaker Thomas Lubnau (R-31) offered an amendment that erased the restrictions offered by Sommers’ amendment and returned SF 132 to its original form. This hunting reform legislation will soon go to Governor Matt Mead (R), so please contact the Governor and urge him to sign SF 132 into law.

We did it, victory for sportsmen everywhere. Big thanks to all who have supported this bill & spent the time to write our state senators & house representatives.

thank you all..... Please take the time to write one more letter, to Matt Mead asking for his signature on the bill.

NOW, which suppressor to order

t