Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

worst forum ever!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 11:00 AM
Platinum Member

Re: worst forum ever!!!

Dave- It didn't really occur to me that it would be like that. I thought it was just a friggin name for cryin out loud.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Platinum Member

Biffs- Yah I really honestly dont think I came in offensive. I tried to defend myself if anything!! Those guys came at me from all kinds of directions! They tried telling me that I KNEW IT ALL. I was like what the heck, I came here with an open mind to learn how to call them in closer, so I didn't have to use big guns and shoot them far away, (not that I dont mind, but.) They had a hard time grasping that concept.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member

Bill- Yah there trying to tell me about ballistics, ha ha. I threw numbers out at the one guy who tried calling my load out on my 300 RUM. He didn't use a good software program because it only went in 100 yard increments. He was like "how far does your bullet drop between 700-800 yards anyways." I just said you know, thats all irrelevant to a certain poit because I dial up for my ranges anyways. I dont think 95% of those idiots even know what that is in the first place. They woulnd't know how to even begin to hit something at that range. I liked the guy who threw in the "factory rifle" couldn't shoot that far out, no way, no how. I told him to go stand out there 800 yards then and see what happens then. I'll forget about in a couple days, just kinda funny I guess.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Platinum Member

Mach V- Yah, I guess I shoulda just cooled my jets towards the end, so I coulda stuck around just for the good information, I'm sure they know a little about what there doing, but not to much [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I wasn't really trying to bring up the LR thing, I just basically said that since I'm not very good at calling, they sometimes hang out there ways and I'm forced to use my better shooting skills. I dont see where thats offensive in any way, shape, or form. I want to learn how to call them little suckers in better, there smart dogs for sure. I'd like to get a lot more calling, but it just dont work that way for me. My best method is usually driving around and so called "sniping" them, thats how they look at it anyways. To me, a coyote is a predator/varmint and should be treated as such. The fawn mortality rate in Oregon for antelope is ridiculous because of all the yotes. My intent was not to stir up a bunch of crap, but only to introduce myself and the way I'm currently hunting/set up. They didn't like it from the get go, and I guess I can see why. That site has some certain parameters that you ahve to follow, and I guess I didn't, oh well.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Bronze Member

Coyotegods? Piffle. Them boys use rifles. Why, I call 'em in so close I can kill 'em with a stick, and a short stick at that. Hell, they probably don't even eat them coyotes. Nothin' like a mess o' pan-fried coyote chitlins on a cold winter morning. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Bronze Member

What? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]You have to use sticks? I just grab em and strangle them [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img], that way you don't hurt the hide.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:55 PM
Silver Member

They are really geared to the 17's and much else they tend to snub as being overly unfriendly (pelt wise), or that you could not call them in closer (which works out to being "your fault") When one runs across such one should just get out of it what you need and leave the rest. Personally I don't own a 17 but being somewhat of a spectator I just read until I'm bored with it.