Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Woooo Hoooo - Woofs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Platinum Member
Woooo Hoooo - Woofs

He expects to have a final plan for hunting delisted wolves in Idaho ready in November.

Before wrapping up the three-day meeting, the commissioners recognized that the department and the commission needed to come up with a proposal for a wolf tag and fee structure, which must be set by the Legislature. Department officials agreed to come up with some numbers, and Chairman Wheeler said he would look for someone to sponsor legislation.

Scroll to bottom: LINK

Now all that's needed is the beeper frequencies. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
I may be the slowest guy on the mountain . . . . but . . . . I'm on the mountain!

Unread 01-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Platinum Member
Re: Woooo Hoooo - Woofs

There are a few bumps in the road to delisting and hunting but hopefully US F&WS will be willing to do it on a state by state basis so that the states like Idaho who try to develope a reasonably intelligent plan can go forward and the states who act stupid will not get authorized. The clock is ticking and if it is not done in the next two years it probabaly will not get done.
Everytime somebody illegally kills a wolf or poisons somebody's puppy dog it will provide on more piece of evidence to be used by the groups who will oppose delisting.

Anyway, it is my opinion that having one more game animal to hunt is a great step forward. It is like the reintroduction of elk in some of the easern states where limited hunting is now happening.

Most of the other changes were pretty good. I disagree with their position on muzzleloaders and keeping them as primitive as possible. I think in the longer term they will have to undergo a major change and accept the new technology because of sheer economics. It is no big deal to me as I only use a muzzlelaoder out of boredom and never kill anything with it anyway.
The Smokin Fur Rifle Club
Unread 01-18-2007, 04:09 PM

Hey Roy,

Whereabouts are these packs? Bein' only a few counties away from you all, this has my attention.

Also found it very interesting that they made the following positive determinations:

"The commission in an effort to protect wild elk from the risks of disease and genetic impurities adopted a formal policy on domestic elk.

Under that policy the commission:
- Encourages the state of Idaho to enact legislation and establish and fund appropriate policies to protect wild cervids from disease and genetic risks posed by domestic elk.
- Does not recognize the shooting of domestic elk for recreational purposes within confined facilities as "hunting."
- Advocates the principles of fair chase and ethics in the harvest of wild game.
- Is opposed to spending sportsmen's dollars on the management or control of domestic elk."

(something about "domestic" in front of elk just never sounds right)
Unread 01-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Silver Member

Your call sign says say 7mm-300 weatherby. I just bought one from a guy on this board. Not here yet but expect it this weekend. Anything tricky about it?
Unread 01-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Platinum Member

You ever seen any ? If so ..................wheres the pix ? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Unread 01-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member

where did you find that chicken thing?
I dont know who ever came up with the imaganary word of "Over Gunned"
Unread 01-19-2007, 09:12 AM
Silver Member