Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Wisconsin Cheese Curds survival pack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Platinum Member

Wisconsin Cheese Curds survival pack

My mother-in-law (a Wisconsin resident) sent a package of cheese curd to me and my wife (former Wisconsin residents), what a wonderful woman!! (I take back of few of those bad things I said about her...)

If you're not a cheese curd fan disregard this post.

There are NO cheese curds in Maryland (other than the ones locked and under guarded in my refrigerator).
Old 03-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Silver Member

Re: Wisconsin Cheese Curds survival pack

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "cheese curd"?
Old 03-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Platinum Member

Hey Al. Drive out to the swiss village cheese factory sometime and buy a bag of them. They are sort of like chedar cheese in the larval stage. You might sometimes hear them reffered to as "squeaky" cheese.

MMM MMM Good.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:23 PM
Platinum Member

Dave, If the skweaky in the curds has worn off, ( which happens if their not real fresh,) you can nuke them in the micro for just a few second and they will skweak again. How long I'm not sure you might have to experiment a little.

My friends and I call them permission getters. Every time we go out west we bring 20 lbs. with us. Keeps the welcome mat out for us every year. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Silver Member

Well all have you know there is no cheese curds in the world like the ones that come from the happy cows here in californina!
We have a local cheese factory that makes the best out there as far as I'm concerned. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] And I have tried both because having been born in wisconsin then moving to california when I was 2. My dad said Wisconsin was a great place to live until he knew better.Maybe cheese curds are the same way [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]you ought to try some from the happy cows sometime. We have visited the old family dairy once since then and none of us have any desire to go back.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Platinum Member

I don't live in Wisconsin either but I do like the cheese curds. (I have lived in California and although the weather was very nice and I didn't meet any un-happy cows I eventually moved away..) Now I live in Maryland where the cows drive Mercedes and BMWs to get in from the back pasture.

Send me some of those California cheese curds and I'll do a side-by-side comparision for ya. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Silver Member

How do you eat em? My wife says they are great fried. I still don't get what they are. I'm cheese stupid I guess. I'm a meat and potatoes kinda guy.