Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Wipeout

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Wipeout

[ QUOTE ]
Roy -- it is MUCH safer, and smells MUCH better than coppermelt

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my fingers have turned purple and my barrel blips the radioactive meter down at the college 10 miles away. The sheetrock in my cleaning room is warping and the neighbors dog has lost his sense of smell from that darn Coppermelt. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Sheesh, I know it's fun knocking things you've never tried but it is even more fun shutting down rumors and myths.
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Roy -- it is MUCH safer, and smells MUCH better than coppermelt

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my fingers have turned purple and my barrel blips the radioactive meter down at the college 10 miles away. The sheetrock in my cleaning room is warping and the neighbors dog has lost his sense of smell from that darn Coppermelt. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Sheesh, I know it's fun knocking things you've never tried but it is even more fun shutting down rumors and myths.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

What part of what i said is a myth or rumor?

BTW -- i have my own bottle of the super-dooper Coppermelt, and you'll still find me using Wipeout or BoreTech Eliminator in my basement...

Two of our esteemed forum members sent it to me after they were done with it...they didnt want it back...

JB
Old 01-27-2006, 09:12 PM
Gold Member

Re: Wipeout - Abinok

[ QUOTE ]
So that's what that is. Thought Midway had sent me a pee sample. No kiddin'

How do ya use it??

[/ QUOTE ]
Just put some on a patch, run it through the bore, then squirt the wipeout over the thin layer applied.
I don't know about safer to use... but it definately smells better than coppermelt! Kinda like pinesol... only different [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Platinum Member

Thanks on all counts....

I've been using wipeout for about a year. I squirt it in then let set over night. However, never any accelerator to be found locally.

So now with the accelerator I put some on a patch and run it through. Then squirt the foam stuff in.

How long do YOU wait until you patch it out?

Actually, I've been using GM Top Engine cleaner to get the carbon out, which is a pretty quick process. Then soaking in wipeout.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Gold Member

In my 300WM, I let it set overnight... it takes 3 applications of wipeout to do it in mine if they set overnight... my barrel fouls badly. Ive recently found that it will do the same thing in 10 hours... and then in a more recent test... in 5 hours.
I too use the TEC, then wipeout. Let me know what you think after you get a chance to use it.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Platinum Member

Tried the stuff teh other day. Didn't wait but a couple of hours. Only a small amount of blue color. Figured it didn't work. Was wrong. Let it set over night and got no blue at all. Guess its time to switch bbls [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2006, 01:28 AM
Bronze Member

Most of you probably already know this - I got the link to this website from another thread on Lrh, but just as an FYI to anyone not in the know, you can get Wipe-out and the Accelerator here: http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/se...ny&dept=Any

Midsouth has a decent price, compared to MidwayUSA, Graf&Sons, etc. Also, they shipped the stuff the same day I ordered it. Just figured I would pass along the info I got.... I think I saw a couple of replys in this thread asking where to get it. I just bought some of this stuff, looking forward to the results. I haven't found anyone in N. Texas that was selling this stuff (Cabelas, Bass-Pro, etc... to be honest, I didn't look everywhere... just walking into a gunshop can be hazardous to my health when it comes to the wife).

EZ