Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Wind out west ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2006, 07:04 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Wind out west ?

Hey Mike, I do live in colorado, have all my life. I am from littleton but am currently attending Colorado State up here in Ft Collins. Its a pretty nice town, and the area around it offers some great hunting and fishing areas. Every weekend I go out to the Pawnee National Grasslands to shoot which is about 35 minutes east of Downtown Ft. COllins (its open range country so you can set up targets as long as you can see). There is some development starting out east, but once you are about 10 miles out there isnt much around which is sure nice. Plus directly west are the mountains and the Poudre River (havnt hunted up there but I hear its pretty good, usually I go down to Lamar to do my deer hunting).
But yea, Ive also been to boulder a few times but living there is sure expensive from what I hear, but it is a real pretty town (tho there are many many hippies there hehe). But yea, about the wind, it isnt too terrible, but some days I have trouble even walking it blows so strong here in the foothills.
any questions lemme kno, i may be able to help
Old 04-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member

Bart B--->>342 bulldozers -pulled back from kansas-missouri -several times NOW that is some kind of wind [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]!!

Fishingdude7,

I'll plug you into my computer memory system.When i get to colorado i'll give you a hollar.
I lived in mississippi on the coast for 21yrs and did aalot of fishing.Mostly saltwater but inshore speckled trout/redfish also.I was in the ms.big game fishing club for a couple of years and have caught my share of whoppers.
Anyway i'll try and stay loosely in touch w/you between now and may/june 2007.
Do you praire dog /coyote hunt? I've been predator hunting since i was a teen in the 70's.
Well thanks for the reply Mike
Old 04-04-2006, 03:56 PM
Bronze Member

Sounds good Mike, I do prarie dog and coyote hunt but I mostly do that around southeast colorado on my roommates ranch, or go out to my familys farm in kansas for the coyotes. However, I plan to get involved in the coyotes in August after this crazy summer I have planned comes to an end. I hear there are some real nice places to go, right around here. But yea, lemme know when you come out and I may be able to point you in the right directions, although I will pretty much be out of touch from the 1st of june until mid july (army does that to ya i spose). But yea, lemme know.

Also, you can get a ĎColorado Fishing 2006í guide for a listing. which will show you locations all along the platte for coyotes from what i'm told.