Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

This is why I don't like most other hunters I meet *pics*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: This is why I don't like most other hunters I meet *pics*

blipelt, there ya go, good idea. A win win situation.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member

The thread title is a bit misleading "This is why I don't like most other hunters I meet", since you met no hunters
Old 04-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwp475 View Post
The thread title is a bit misleading "This is why I don't like most other hunters I meet", since you met no hunters
+1

The hunters that I know don't leave piles of animals. There may be a few that do things like this, but not most hunters.

So if you run across my elk carcass, where I boned it out and left the hide bones and guts in a big pile, would you be bothered?

Steve
Old 04-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnMT View Post
+1

The hunters that I know don't leave piles of animals. There may be a few that do things like this, but not most hunters.

So if you run across my elk carcass, where I boned it out and left the hide bones and guts in a big pile, would you be bothered?

Steve

There is a huge difference between gutting and boning an elk or deer to pack it out in the field and dumping over two dozen carcasses on a gravel road (less than a mile off of a highway). When I talked to the Game Warden I was told that dumps like this are reported all the time. Unfortunately there is very little they can do about it unless someone see them in the act.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General Mattis

Custom built 7mm SAUM
Old 04-15-2010, 06:35 PM
Platinum Member

Jarhead1371, do you really believe it when the Game Warden tells you that piles of 2 dozen carcasses are found all the time? If that is or were the case don't let anyone know or else every hunter will want to hunt there and get their 2 dozen kills all the time. IMHO I think the Game Warden exaggerates.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas1 View Post
Jarhead1371, do you really believe it when the Game Warden tells you that piles of 2 dozen carcasses are found all the time? If that is or were the case don't let anyone know or else every hunter will want to hunt there and get their 2 dozen kills all the time. IMHO I think the Game Warden exaggerates.

Several guys I work with have found similar dumps in the past few weeks since they have been out turkey hunting. I have been finding dumps almost every time I go out but usually only 5-6 carcasses. I'm sure several people were involved in the dumping, not just one or two. That makes it worse IMO, after a few were dumped than several other people thought it was ok and added to it. I'm to the point that I'm thinking about buying a few IR trail cameras for next season and set them up at the dumps.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General Mattis

Custom built 7mm SAUM
Old 04-16-2010, 10:24 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARHEAD1371 View Post
Several guys I work with have found similar dumps in the past few weeks since they have been out turkey hunting. I have been finding dumps almost every time I go out but usually only 5-6 carcasses. I'm sure several people were involved in the dumping, not just one or two. That makes it worse IMO, after a few were dumped than several other people thought it was ok and added to it. I'm to the point that I'm thinking about buying a few IR trail cameras for next season and set them up at the dumps.
I can understand that it wouldn't be that great to look at while out enjoying the outdoors but what does it hurt ? around my neck of the woods cattle farmers usually have a dump pit for dead cows and sometimes their not covered up . what is the difference with dead deer ? Wouldn't wild life take care of the remains.

BigBuck