Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Who are those guys???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Platinum Member

Who are those guys???

Just got a picture in the mail...and though folks might like to guess the names. Of course someone could cheat and look at the photo name but that'd take the fun out of it.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:49 PM
PUBLISHER

Re: Who are those guys???

My guess is Al Franken and Warren Beatty (on the left).

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 02-01-2005, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member

Len, you got it straight away!

Al's still looking pretty fit but that Warren fella has aged a good bit don't you think?? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
PUBLISHER

Yes, I know, but that's because my wife makes me put gray in my hair.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 02-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member

Fella on the left looks like he has a serious case of chronic trigger finger!!!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member

Dave,
Really enjoyed meeting Len and sharing the presence of that big brown fellow. He was somewhat different this time (the brownie, not Len) since my brain still has him coming head-on like a freight-train and a mildot reticle sitting on his shoulder. I hope that next year is Dave King's year to do the SHOT show. The LE area will put you into a combination of a cold sweat, hyperventilation and credit card shock!!! Enjoyed two DAVE KING evenings, a room full of snipers at the Badger/GA bash and a room full of military dudes (SF seemed to be not uncommon initials) at the KIFARU open-house at the Hilton.

SHOT was somewhat crazy and I really appreciate your patience Len - Great to meet you! Shooting a little palm-sized Canon digital is a far-cry from what you are used to shooting - appreciate your photography very much. Pictures are great - they are super-important to me (never had a photo of my owner and our daughter taken in front of a 10' brown bear before!). Enjoyed our walk-around and meeting you a lot.

Best quote of the SHOT show was by a little lady after I told her the story of the big bear interrupting my breakfast as he and his girl friend "beared-down" on our camp one Alaskan morning:
"Mister, I believe that you have bigger balls than that bear has..."
She was a sweetie and her comment will probably go into T/C history. Had me short for words, which does not happen very often [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

T/C's fine display-booth and the big bear will be at the Houston NRA meeting in April - hope to meet some LR Hunting guys from that area when I attend that show. Full story of my bear hunt is coming out that month in the American Hunter - the big bear will be at the NRA annual meeting and the story will be in the issue they take to their convention. Nice timing [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2005, 06:49 AM
Platinum Member

Len

"Yes, I know, but that's because my wife makes me put gray in my hair. "

I like that... I'm now at the point where I have no question/ponder hair color when I get new ID cards... it's no longer "blond" or "blond-ish grey", it's strickly "receeding grey".

Ian

I have actually purposely avoided The Shot Show because I don't have very good judgment and I'm sure I'd end up with WAY too many toys.

Ron Nemetchek went down there this year just after the Safari Club International (SCI) show to look at stuff!! He has pestered me too about going but it looks like next year I'll be there. He has booked 4 booths and wants me to come help out...I'm not too keen on a vacation in Las Vegas but I'm sure I'll meet a lot of kindred souls there. (I have a 3 week Antarctic cruise next January (2006) but should still be able to get there.)

If it's okay with you I'll stick up the other pictures you sent here in this thread.