Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Who killed this elk?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 06:26 AM
Gold Member

Location: Sagauache County, Co...3170 sq miles, not a single stop light!
Re: Who killed this elk?

I guess my toungue in cheek humor was not even recognized....of course they shot it , of course they should have.....blah blah blah....we could go on all day on that....what i thought was hilarious was the fact that they were haveing a candle light vigil for the poor beast that was "murdered"......this is the mindset we are up against people.....these people have the same votes that we do.
i have had many a candle light vigil over elk, but mine involved tenderloins wrapped in bacon, seared over hot coals.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:12 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogdinger View Post
I guess my toungue in cheek humor was not even recognized....of course they shot it , of course they should have.....blah blah blah....we could go on all day on that....what i thought was hilarious was the fact that they were haveing a candle light vigil for the poor beast that was "murdered"......this is the mindset we are up against people.....these people have the same votes that we do.
i have had many a candle light vigil over elk, but mine involved tenderloins wrapped in bacon, seared over hot coals.

I thought it was quiet funny myself. I wasnt sure at first if you were joking about it, but my first reation was "are you f'ing serious" and i think I rolled my eyes as well.

You sir get 2 points awarded on your man card for:

"1 point: Actively participating in a hunting conversation while maintaining a insightful point of view. Additionaly, the second point is awarded for : the use of sarcasm in a fully appropiate manner."

Nicely done.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 AM
Silver Member

Someone beat me to it, "The Candlelight Vigil" will be followed by a neighborhood BBQ so all the great elk will not go to waste..
Old 01-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet bumper View Post
And this means what? The Police have the right by law to protect the public and if that means shooting an animal then they can . Whether they did or not and whether they acted correctly or not could be an issue who knows . Were you there to witness what happened and did you see who shot it ?
Even if the Police did shoot an Elk so what . It may not have got called in because they did not see it as a big issue .
Even if they did act inappropriately it's hardly worth suspending someone over a dead animal . Jeez what happens if you accidentally shoot a person in the line of duty , the death penalty . Sheriff launches probe ! what a wanker .
This could have just been handled internally with a caution and some duty punishment .

I live in big game unit and if I had elk that was injured on my place and I shot it beside the fine I'd lose my hunting right and I could have my day in court if I think I was innocent I could hire
attorney like this to handle case
Denver Hunting, Fishing & Wildlife Violation Attorneys | Hunting, Fishing & Wildlife Violation Lawyer in Denver

There going to get there day in court if their charged and start of all this was that picture. If they called it in wouldn't be seeing this post but they didn't so I would hope someone is questioning their judgement call. Those officer could arrest me for what they did and more likely I'd have to post bail etc to get out of jail these are things that don't get sweep under the rug. It's a bad deal.