Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Who Hunts Wyoming??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2003, 06:49 AM
*WyoWhisper*

Who Hunts Wyoming??

I see alot of guys on this board Hunt in Wyo. I was wondering what you hunt and where?

More specifically who hunts Wyoming without an outfitter? What was your success rate?

I am not so much interested in who hunts Elk.. but who hunts for Speed Goats (Antelope) and Deer ( Whitetail or Mulies)

I do have a method to my madness ( no I don't want to convince you to let me outfit you) I have a few projects in the works and I may just need some help.... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Looking forward to the reply's

Thanks,

Ric

[ 10-24-2003: Message edited by: *WyoWhisper* ]
Old 10-24-2003, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Who Hunts Wyoming??

Ric

I have a good friend who is there hunting now.

He hunts out of Douglas where his daughter and son in Law lives. He is after goats and Mule deer as we speak.

He wanted me to help him out this year for the longrange hunting he will be doing but, I couldn't make it. He said he would try and get his Son in Law to help him spot.
He and I hunted about 6 years together in Colorado with much success. We also hunt together in PA every year.

Why are you asking about those hunting in Wyoming, if I may ask?

Later
DC [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

PS---He just sold his Ford (gas) and bought a Chevy (gas) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Maybe that's why I wouldn't hunt with him? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2003, 06:30 AM
*WyoWhisper*

you've got to be kidding.. I know more guys here.. hunted Wyo...... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2003, 07:06 AM
Platinum Member

Ric

I've noticed that most on here go to Colorado to hunt and one of the reasons for that is, you can buy elk tags over the counter when they get there.
Lots of BLM (public)land to hunt on also.

Most hunters returning from there that I've talked to so far, have harvested their elk this year but, the weather was so hot they had to get to the butcher shop fast with the meat.

One group of 4 guys all got bull elk.
Just talked to another one last night and those 3 in his group all got bull elk.
I'm waiting to hear from Ray Romain as we speak.

I normally like to go in the 3 rd season when the temps start to drop a bit and more snow falls.

Later
DC [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2003, 07:22 AM
*WyoWhisper*

yup was in the 70's and 80's here until yesterday!!! I think my deer season is a bust!!!!
Old 10-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Gold Member

Ok I will admit it. I have hunted Deer near Sheridan and prairie dogs in the same aria. I have also hunted rock chucks in the Big Horn mountains. The fishing is excellent also.
We had good results with out an outfitter for weight tail deer and mules.
Crow Mag
Old 10-25-2003, 07:21 PM
Silver Member

I mailed my money in this year for a Wy.Elk hunt....$411.00....6 weeks later....They sent my money back.Got turned down... [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]