Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Where are the pro gun people when you need em?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2006, 09:34 PM
Silver Member

Where are the pro gun people when you need em?

I just watched a few videos put together by the anti-gun lobby on youtube.com, using excerbts for 60min report on the 50bmg (calling it the rolls royce of assult/sniper rounds). This CRAP makes my blood boil! They claim that one round from a fifty could bring down a passenger airliner. WELL NO [censored], BUT WHAT THEY DON TELL YOU IS THAT ONE ROUND FROM ANY HIGH POWERED RIFLE COULD DO THE SAME THING. One of the videos was a political ad in CA that the police department participated in. They described how a 50cal round can pass through the doors of one POLICE car then through the doors of another POLICE car and still have enough energy to kill you. Again NO [censored]! I've got a 30-30 that will do the same thing using hunting bullets let alone so called armor piercing bullets. Which by the way is just about any projectile of sufficient mass with an impact velocity of around 1500-2000fps. The more mass the less velocity it takes, kevlar works by slowing the projo down. If there is enough mass or velocity the kevlar can't slow the bullet down fast enough and fails, not because the bullets were designed to do that but because of the limitations of the kevlar. Hell a 17 rem fired at close range will penetrate at least the front side of a kevlar vest. Take a 180gr 45ACP bullet and accelerate it to 2000fps and that thing will zip right through a so-called bullet proof vest. It's not until you put ceramic plates in the vest that it will have even a chance of stopping bullets traveling at higher velocities, and I ain't talking AP bullets either I'm talking soft point hunting bullets. Don't even get me started on those banned black talon (cop killer) bullets. The pistol bullets with teflon coating originaly designed to eliminate copper fouling (which worked in eliminating the copper but only replaced it with teflon fouling), I'd realy like for someone to show me proof of any crime they were used in where they pierced a kevlar vest when fired at handgun velocities. If only the american public were educated in the physics involved in how a bullet is able to penetrate anything instead of being frightened into believing that if it's military IT'S GONNA KILL YOU. I've done a lot a paper punching, rock shooting, as well as shooting steel. When you can put a hole though a 1/4" steel plate at 750yds and it has the same appearance as one shot point blank (no dimple just a nice hole with metal flowing both directions ie. high impact velocity) with nothing more than a 270cal 135gr SMK with initial velocity @3800fps, I think my hunting rifle is next on the HIT LIST! They're going to start with the 50bmg and next it will be every caliber ever adopted by any military on earth. OH [censored]! THAT'S JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING OUT THERE EXCEPT FOR MAYBE THAT DAINTY LITTLE 17CAL. That is until some government adopts it in there next weapon of choice, if they haven't already done it.

Well If your reading this I apologize! Just had to vent some of the frustrations that have been building up before I blew up.
Old 10-30-2006, 05:17 AM
Gold Member

Re: Where are the pro gun people when you need em?

I feel we as firearm owners have become to complasiant. That uneducated [censored] makes my blood boil also. This up coming election i feel is going to hurt us big time, probably more so in 2008. There are to many people voting for there billfolds than there constitutional rights. Just my opinion.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Bronze Member

Good evening fellas,

On the soap box I go! To start with, I feel we are at a point of no return as gun owners / sportsmen. The damage is done and voting for a specific rat (politician) is not going to do a whole lot for us, no matter who the rat is. The maggots in this country have set the anti-gun ball in motion (and has been for alot of years) and I don't forsee us turning it around anytime soon, if ever. I am not one to give up and never will and I definately don't want to sound like so but we have our work cut out for us. If voting practices help at all, it is very little at best and my only advice is to share and teach our beloved sport with every young individual you possibly can. I know you've heard it a billion times "Take a child hunting or fishing" but that is our only hope, the old rats in this country of ours will probably fight us to the end and changing their minds is not going to happen. Our children are our future in every since of the word.
In closing, I dispise the scum that our government is made of 100% through and through. And If I could spit, piss and s*#& in the face of everyone of them and get away with it I would, as a matter of fact I would do alot worse if I could get away with it. Just look at history and see what it has taken to rid a society of crooked, twisted and evil government. I hate to think about it myself, but it has to happen, if not soon then maybe later - this government of ours has to go and may our new government born of civil war consisting of good hearted folks like you and I shoot straight in every since of the word and may the power posessed never bare corruption like our current governments; Federal, state and local. They can have my guns, when they pry them from my dead, cold and blue hands.

Murf
Old 10-31-2006, 01:15 AM
Silver Member

Murf,
I agree with your sentiment and purpose, but for all of our sakes please use caution with the militant phrases. The general public is as nervous as any old doe you will ever encounter, and they will do anything to eliminate a perceived threat to their sense of security, as long it doesn’t cause them any personal inconvenience. As far as who holds government office, the voters get what they are willing to accept. What actually runs the government is oil, pharmaceuticals, insurance and most of all the MEDIA. The media manipulates the sheepfold by keeping them informed of what is less likely to disturb their perfect world and to glamorize the “Hollywood” lifestyle as an inspiration for all to be eternally beautiful, charitable and dedicated to preserving all that is “good” in the world. Just this morning the Today Show aired a segment informing us how to protect our pets from being traumatized by exposure to people wearing Halloween costumes. Please gimme a break! The media loves this power, and they have it because of their 1st amendment right. As hunters and gun owners we have to let everyone know that if the 2nd amendment is challenged, then the 1st amendment is open to challenge as well. Although I get every bit as angry at this crap as anyone else may, I realize this is not a conflict involving violence, war or any threat of such. It is a chess game of devious trade-offs and suspicious stalemates. In other words, let it be known we will boycott products, push legislation for restrictive advertising, promote stricter FDA regulations and speak out for stringent censorship standards. By doing this we not only have a viable counter assault, but we will be taking a position that can be allied with and supported by other influential groups. There is no winning, it is just preservation of what we have, and not threatening what they have. I wish it were not that way, but I don’t see any practical alternative.

Dave
Old 10-31-2006, 06:10 AM
Gold Member

Aren't we the pro-gun people? When is the last time you contacted your politicians to voice your views or ask them their position on gun control? As this election draws near I have been approached by many, on the local level. My first question is always, "Where do you stand on gun control?"
Old 10-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Silver Member

DocEd,
Yes, I am very much a Pro-Gun person. It’s funny you mentioned being approached by many; I also have been approached by several representatives from both parties, but I swear I have yet to be asked for my vote. All they have requested is a monetary donation; this is what I find scary.
Happy Halloween,
Dave
Old 10-31-2006, 09:45 PM
Bronze Member

Mountainsheep,

I am not a militant and my words are not militant phrases either, I am just stating the obvious as I see it. I don't believe in political correctness (never will). Things are what they are, and nothing else. You see that is exactly why were in the situation we are in, because the citizens have turned into nothing more than a giant flock of sheep that conform to everything instead of standing up for what they believe in. Think real hard about the following.

The noted Philosopher George Santayana once said, "Those who do not learn from History, are doomed to repeat it."

Murf