Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Where can I find a 375 RUM?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Where can I find a 375 RUM?

I happen to have the Ruger in 375... that little feller will punish you in ways only my 458 would understand

The Ruger is a super reliable rifle that wished it was a Remington. I just can't get passed the whole cast part... colored me biased.

t

Old 08-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Silver Member

my buddy has a 375 rum and it has to be the most un enjoyable gun I have shot. Got it when he was young and bigger was better
Old 08-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member

The 700 lh was never chambered in 375 rum other than in their semi-customs so snagging the 375 ruger was probably a good move. You'd be building if you held out for a remmy.
I'm in the mood for a thumper in a lefty bolt myself but for now I'll stay with my lightweight rh 375 and my 405.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Bronze Member

You'll like your Ruger, I love mine. Keep your eyes open for a donor action then go with a LH build. I mean, you can't have too many .375's can you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw6.0 View Post
I happen to have the Ruger in 375... that little feller will punish you in ways only my 458 would understand
I've got one of each, both a 375 ultra in a remmy LSS and a 375 Ruger Alaskan. I handload for both and I'll honestly rather shoot the Ruger than the ultra mag off the bench. Both loads are hot, and they both make little rocks out of big rocks, but that 8.5lb ultra mag is brutal.

I shot the ultra mag 12-14 rounds about a month ago, trying to get a 600 yard drop chart worked up. The day after, I wasn't hitting on all cylinders.

I agree with your 458 comment, as both are stout and I shoot them often. I've unleashed a few rounds from dads 416 Rigby in a #1 Ruger... thats in a different ball field. I actually had to crawl back up to the bags after I touched off each round.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:03 PM
Gold Member

I've had my Remington m700 lss 375 rum for 6-8 months now and have managed to keep myself from braking it due to the simple fact that I hate brakes for hunting. Ya I could always take it off but that's never made much sense to me because then your flinching when it's a living target and not just paper.

It's definitely a punishing rifle to shoot. Way worse then my 375 H&H in ruger no.1 but after a few weeks a month of 3 rounds a night it grows on ya.

I am also a southpaw and I picked up a Boyd's gray laminate left hand thumb hole, right hand action stock for it. Stock feels great until you squeeze the trigger being It only has a little 1/4" hard rubber butt pad.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing how the elk feels after it hits.

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Old 09-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500mag_guy View Post
I've had my Remington m700 lss 375 rum for 6-8 months now and have managed to keep myself from braking it due to the simple fact that I hate brakes for hunting. Ya I could always take it off but that's never made much sense to me because then your flinching when it's a living target and not just paper.

It's definitely a punishing rifle to shoot. Way worse then my 375 H&H in ruger no.1 but after a few weeks a month of 3 rounds a night it grows on ya.

I am also a southpaw and I picked up a Boyd's gray laminate left hand thumb hole, right hand action stock for it. Stock feels great until you squeeze the trigger being It only has a little 1/4" hard rubber butt pad.

I am definitely looking forward to seeing how the elk feels after it hits.
put a supercell on the beast... My brother's boyd's stock for his rem 280 took a normal pattern remmy pad... your's should too.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Gold Member

Ya ill have to try that. I also heard you could match up some Winchester pad also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
put a supercell on the beast... My brother's boyd's stock for his rem 280 took a normal pattern remmy pad... your's should too.

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html