Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Where to buy Hunting Land in Wisconsin???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2004, 01:42 PM

Re: Where to buy Hunting Land in Wisconsin???

Y'know Dave, that is actually the best Idea. I actually struck up a land deal in upstate NY the same way a few years back. Dave, are those areas along the Mississippi in Buffalo county?

Len, my wife wants to know where the best malls are so I can start looking there!!!
This may cost me more than expected.
Old 02-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Platinum Member

Don't know where those previous areas are, probably "up North".

Here's a page for Buffalo County. It's about all I could find so give a call to information in WI and get the local realtor's number... Mondovi is a good place to call and ask about land for sale in Buffalo Co. Try calling a feed mill or implement/farm equipment store...talk to anyone willing to chat, take care how you word your request and available monies (prices could go up).
http://www.virtualrealty.com/files-w...o.html#re-help

I could give you a fella's number up there (he lives in Rock Falls, Dunn County but) he may know of some areas in Buffalo that are for sale. Some of the locals may not be too keen on "foreigners" buying up all the land, so an intermediary might be a good idea too. The Amish bought up a lot of land about a decade ago and the "locals" are none too pleased about that either.

I've hunted in the Urne, Modena, Gilmanton and Mondovi areas in the past, I grew up in Rock Falls, 12 miles +- from Mondovi (Pop 2,700) a thriving metropolis in Buffalo County (Pop 14,000).
http://www.mondovi.com/

Bank could have land for sale too!
http://www.mondovi.com/businesses.html
Old 03-01-2004, 09:14 PM

Dave, Thank You!
Old 03-14-2004, 09:28 AM
PUBLISHER

John

Here is the link to a new Wisconsin DNR map site that may help as you zero in on an area where you want to buy.

Aerials, topo, roads, etc.

Wisconsin DNR map site

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors