Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Where to buy Hunting Land in Wisconsin???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2004, 01:19 PM

Where to buy Hunting Land in Wisconsin???

Looking for Suggestions!
Old 02-26-2004, 04:29 PM
PUBLISHER

Re: Where to buy Hunting Land in Wisconsin???

John

Good talking with you yesterday! Your hunt this fall in Bufallo County should be wonderful.

Why don't you post your question over at Accurate Reloading also. They have many more members than we do. Good luck.

Accurate Reloading

[ 02-26-2004: Message edited by: Len Backus ]

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors
Old 02-26-2004, 05:03 PM

Nice speaking you also. Thank you for spending time with me.

I can't wait for my hunt next year....but then again I "can't wait for next season" 2 seconds after I pull the trigger!
Old 02-27-2004, 06:45 AM
Platinum Member

John

I often go up to Wisconsin for deer season. I hunt primarily in Dunn county but sometimes get into Buffalo, Eau Claire and Pepin counties.

The deer population seem to have declined a bit but there are still quality deer available. My sister and her husband have about 400 acres in Buffalo and the brothers of her husband own adjoining acreage. There is a LOT of puplic land, Northern States Power (NSP) land, land in different tax schemes some of which allow "public" hunting.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:38 AM

Dave, thanks for the info. I'm really interested in owning some property so I could manage it. Plus, I never feel safe on public land.

I'm looking to build a house on the property so I can have a nice family getaway as well.

Thanks
Old 02-28-2004, 09:24 PM

Wow, I was hoping to get more input......c'mon guys!
Old 02-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Platinum Member

http://www.crexrealty.com/wild.htm
http://www.eaglestar.net/khlmr3-.html
http://www.wisconsinhuntinglandforsale.com/

You can buy this way (and probably pay top dollar aka too much) or you can do it the old fashion way. Drive to Wisconsin, find an area you think you might like, stop in and talk (respectfully, farmer like) to some farmers.

I bought land in the early 90's for $140.00 per acre. Wasn't listed, owner lived in a seemingly abandon house, deal was made on a hand shake. It was a "land contract" and I paid him several payments during the course of the year (per the agreement) and we went to the courthouse in the fall and it was mine. 103 acres @ 125.00 and 140.00 per acre depending on whether it was wooded (hardwoods) or pasture/fields.

Northern Wisconsin has some relatively inexpensive land. If you want it just for a getaway house and hunting look for non-pasture, woods, slashings, swamps.

There are deer all over Wisconsin, folks talk about some monsters coming out of area along the Mississippi South of Wabasha down to the IL border.

Public land in Wisconsin isn't like what I've seen of Maryland public land. Up there I've hunted places for several days and didn't see another hunter. If you're seeing a lot of other hunters you're in the wrong place.