Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What is wrong with the search function?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Silver Member

What is wrong with the search function?

Tried searching "all open forums", and then several smaller sub-forum searches for "7mm STW", "STW", "7mm" all returned zero matches.

Somehow I don't think thats accurate.
It is worth remembering these timeless words John Stuart Mill: "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse."

Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis!
Old 01-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Gold Member

Re: What is wrong with the search function?

Three letters/digits is too short for the forum search function. Try the LRH Google search bar at the top of the page.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRP View Post
Three letters/digits is too short for the forum search function. Try the LRH Google search bar at the top of the page.
I can understand that for 7mm or STW, but the search "7mm STW" is 7 characters, and doesn't work.
It is worth remembering these timeless words John Stuart Mill: "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse."

Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Paratus, et Fidelis!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Gold Member

7mm STW is two three character items which don't work with the forum search function. 7mmSTW is a six character item and works with the forum search(lots of results). 7mm STW works with the third party search of this site.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Gold Member

The problem I'm having is with my iPhone when I hit the search button it pops up after two tries, then when I try and type letters in for a word, the whole search pad disappears. I then have to keep hitting the search button for every letter and then after that it doesn't even work. I never had problems before this