close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Reply

What is wrong with paypal?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 10-29-2013, 11:00 PM
Official LRH Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Southeast ID
Posts: 130
What is wrong with paypal?

Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some insight on why a lot of people refuse to use paypal? I have been a paypal user since 2001 and have never had a problem. I read all the time that paypal is anti-gun and they will freeze your account if you use their service to buy or sell firearms related products.

I have my website setup to take paypal when people buy the GRIP-N-PULL and have not had any issues with them yet. I just want to know what the problem is. Do any of you have any stories you would like to tell to help me understand? Thanks in advance.

Brandon
Reply With Quote
  •   #2  
    Unread 10-29-2013, 11:27 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: DEEP south TX
    Posts: 1,561
    Re: What is wrong with paypal?

    I had some people hack my account and buy first class tickets to NY from Russia. It all got repaid but I have had one problem. Still use them though.
    Reply With Quote

      #3  
    Unread 10-30-2013, 04:23 PM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: May 2013
    Location: Pearland. TX
    Posts: 72
    Re: What is wrong with paypal?

    Since I buy gun related items on ebay, and pay with paypal....... It must be a personal preference thing, never had an issue in 6+ years.
    __________________
    Mark
    KE5PPH
    Reply With Quote
      #4  
    Unread 10-30-2013, 05:21 PM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2008
    Location: Northeast
    Posts: 3,400
    Re: What is wrong with paypal?

    Perhaps the repulsion of many(including me) to Paypal goes back to the same time frame years ago that EBay made the decision to discontinue the purchase and sale of reloading accessories and components(not powder or primers). Paypal followed lock step. Perhaps there were legitimate reasons, but the explanation given by both companies appeared trite, and a policy decision made to appease liberal anti gun mentality. When contacted, the response was basically "tough sh-t". I will use both Paypal and EBay, but very, very rarely , and only as a last ditch resort to get what I want and there are no possble alternatives. At one time I gave both companies a lot of business. That ended. If I'm misguided, I would welcome a rational explanation.
    __________________

    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
    Reply With Quote
      #5  
    Unread 10-30-2013, 07:48 PM
    Bronze Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Location: S/E Kansas
    Posts: 99
    Re: What is wrong with paypal?

    I prefer a blood trail over a paper trail !
    Reply With Quote
      #6  
    Unread 10-31-2013, 05:55 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: May 2012
    Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina
    Posts: 1,194
    Re: What is wrong with paypal?

    I use paypal and I dont have any issues with them. If you trust the person you are working with you can gift the funds and not worry about any trail or them knowing what you're selling.
    Reply With Quote
      #7  
    Unread 10-31-2013, 06:38 AM
    Platinum Member
     
    Join Date: Dec 2011
    Location: S.E. Michigan
    Posts: 4,120
    Re: What is wrong with paypal?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by marioq View Post
    I had some people hack my account and buy first class tickets to NY from Russia. It all got repaid but I have had one problem. Still use them though.
    Had basically the same thing happen, no issue with getting all the funds back.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhulesAu View Post
    Since I buy gun related items on ebay, and pay with paypal....... It must be a personal preference thing, never had an issue in 6+ years.
    Neither have I. I use my account for business. Pay-Pal is very secure. I take personal checks but dealing with offshore parties, Pay-Pal is the only way top go.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
    Perhaps the repulsion of many(including me) to Paypal goes back to the same time frame years ago that EBay made the decision to discontinue the purchase and sale of reloading accessories and components(not powder or primers). Paypal followed lock step. Perhaps there were legitimate reasons, but the explanation given by both companies appeared trite, and a policy decision made to appease liberal anti gun mentality. When contacted, the response was basically "tough sh-t". I will use both Paypal and EBay, but very, very rarely , and only as a last ditch resort to get what I want and there are no possble alternatives. At one time I gave both companies a lot of business. That ended. If I'm misguided, I would welcome a rational explanation.
    The explaination is Pay-Pal and Flea Bay are owned and administrated by the same folks, beasicaslly the same company. It's their right as a privately held corporation to set their rules of conduct accordingly. While I don't agree with their policies, it's still their choice. The other thing is they are a California based corporation and we all know how people in California look at and intrepret things.... Just look at Pelosi.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by notajeep View Post
    I prefer a blood trail over a paper trail !
    Thats just plain ignorant and has no place in a subjective discussion. I see you don't have many posts on this forum. I suggest you rethink your approach and act and post in a more adult like manner.

    Simply put, if it's not in humor and it's not intellegent, don't post it for all to see.
    __________________
    'It's not about me, it's about we'..........
    Reply With Quote
    Reply

    Bookmarks

    Thread Tools
    Display Modes



    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
    All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC