Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What would be your Dream Hunt???????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Bronze Member

My dream hunt would have Ted Nugent at MY hunting cabin with my regular buds for a typical weekend. Shemane could come, too.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Gold Member

Northern Quebec Caribou with Sammy Cantifilo and Bucky Adams as my guide. Or a woodland caribou in NW Territories with Jim Shockey. As stoved up as I am now though, those are only dreams. So I guess I will be happy with what I have here in Montana.
Jim

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 12-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Bronze Member

Elk in north British Columbia. As for a true dream(one that I could never afford)- Littledale argali.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member

While Alaska is appealing, the requirement to have a guide is not. The hunt I send my money in on is the one that Uncle B went on. Southern Utah is a strange, desolate, lonely and exceedingly beautiful place and the challenge of the desert bighorn is extreme. Long ago I spent five days by myself in that country and it is just different beyond words. Plus it is nice and warm and there is no snow. However, I would hope not to have to hunt from a house boat.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Right now, I would say I would rank my dream hunts as follows:

#4. New Zealand Red Stag hunt

#3. Hard horned Caribou hunt

#2. Yukon moose hunt during the rut

#1. Trophy big horn ram hunt, do not care where.

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 12-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Silver Member

1. Nubian Ibex
2. Africa - large plains game or the Big 5.
3. Alaska ... just ... Alaska !
Old 12-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalobob View Post
While Alaska is appealing, the requirement to have a guide is not. The hunt I send my money in on is the one that Uncle B went on. Southern Utah is a strange, desolate, lonely and exceedingly beautiful place and the challenge of the desert bighorn is extreme. Long ago I spent five days by myself in that country and it is just different beyond words. Plus it is nice and warm and there is no snow. However, I would hope not to have to hunt from a house boat.
Buffalobob,
Your description of this area is very good, if you ever draw this tag luckily for you being a non-resident you can hunt 3 different sub-units (the East Kaiparowits, the West Kaiparowits or the Escalante). being a resident you can only hunt 1 unit, I drew out for the East Kaiparowits that might be the most beautiful and scenic in places but the most remote and devoid of any signs of life in other places.
If you ever draw this tag me and goodgrouper will be more than happy to help you out but we will be checking out the west unit in your Escalade for weeks before we try the Escalante and the East only as an act of desperation.

This was my dream hunt, but it was more work and effort than going to WORK. but in retrospect it was all worth it. If it would have been some other type of hunt that I could have done another time like Deer,Elk etc. I would have put this hunt in the dumpster and been done. since it was a once in a lifetime tag, and this was THE ONE I really wanted, it was worth the HELL that I have paid since (one pissed off customer after another quizzing me "how can you take a day off work, I need you NOW").
UB