Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What would be your Dream Hunt???????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2007, 12:15 AM
SPONSOR

Gotta add another one. Being as we dont have any wild sheep down here and i aint made of money i would like to go sheep hunting once in my life. if i had to pick one it would be Dall Sheep. that beautiful white coat is just awe inspiring. I am also buying points for a Mt Goat tag in i think ID, gotta check my files. just something about those goats is majestic and kinda evil looking all at the same time.
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 11-30-2007, 12:32 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerch View Post
I am also buying points for a Mt Goat tag in i think ID, gotta check my files. just something about those goats is majestic and kinda evil looking all at the same time.
I've got a life sized mountain goat behind me, looking over my shoulder, as I type this and a 1/2 lifesize black bear looking over the other shoulder. Also got a big six point elk on the living room wall.

My wife has been trying to talk me into going to Africa so that may happen in the next few years. We've got deer, elk and bear all over and sheep do interest me, like you said they do for you.

So......since you said "Dream Hunt".......that kinda means something that I'd normally consider a hunt I'd never go on.

So......for me, it would be Marco Polo Sheep. Beautiful animals with huge horns in totally amazing country. Hmmmmm....maybe some day if I win the lottery.;);)
Old 11-30-2007, 01:29 AM
Platinum Member

Red Stag in New Zeland
Old 11-30-2007, 04:56 AM
Gold Member

Bison

All my life I have loved those huge animals and always wanted to hunt one.

I would want to shoot it at least 1000yards away with my 338WBX

The hugest big male with a beautifull hide to turn into a large rug.
Only problem they don't live here in Australia and unless I win the lottery I will never afford it.

Cheers Bill
Australia
Old 11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerch View Post
Catshooter, for you i was thinkin something like a nice tabby or persian at around 450yds with a ultra mag!!!! Might have to change your handle if your gonna go after canines as well!!!!
Well... I'm not so old (but don't ask my Rug Rat), that I'm so set in my ways as to not be willing to try something else ;)

I'll try Wolves.

Actually, I have a family member that raises pedigreed Kobe cattle, and she has asked me on a number of occasions to "come on down for a visit... and bring that rifle of yours".

She occasionally has problems with packs feral dogs, and yotes. Normally, the cattle can defend themselves, but during calving season, it's an expensive problem. A pedigreed Kobe calf is worth the price of a nice car.

I used to whack the dogs with a 300WM, but the bullets were like the Everyready Bunny... they went through the dogs, and kept on going and going and going and going.

So she ponied up the cash for a new rifle a while back - a Sendero-II SS SF, in .264WM... it is down right un-Godly in what it does to a 40 pound canine, with 95gr V-Maxs at 3700fps.

So - there...
... I CAN shoot somfin besides cats ;) ;)

LRH member #23

Last edited by CatShooter; 11-30-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Gold Member

Anything in Alaska

Old 11-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Silver Member

Alaska Tundra at the base of a mountain range in a drop camp for black bear and wolf. Late summer after the berries are ripe when the bears are gorging them selfs for winter.

I think just the remoteness of the Alaska frontier is in itself a trip of a lifetime.

Second choice would be NZ mountain Red Stag.