Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What would be your Dream Hunt???????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 04:09 PM
SPONSOR

What would be your Dream Hunt???????

With hunting season winding down for alot of us i was kinda thinking about hunts i would like to go on. What would be your absolute dream hunt or hunts to go on before you get called out of this world???????????

Me personnally i would love to go coastal brown bear hunting in Alaska. Seeing the pics from Ian's hunt on the Copper river really set me off on it. I would also love to go hard horned caribou hunting above the artic circle. Northern lights and the tundra, sounds pretty awesome to me.

What are y'alls dream hunts?????????
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Silver Member

a chance to hunt out west for elk or mule deer with my dad before he gets to old to do it. hes going to be 69 soon but still gets around pretty good right now
Old 11-29-2007, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member

This year WAS my dream hunt, first in a series.;) Will do the same next year either alone or w/someone if the rules of engagement can be agreed upon. It'll be long and boring but interesting and I'll be ready for the shot should it present itself.

Went on a 2 hour "dream hunt" preparation last evening. I sat there for an hour each side of the sun going down. Game all around me (well three yotes that said good bye when I left), too much brush, couldn't see them. I'll continue these preparatory yote hunts throughout this winter, both morning and night, to refine equipment and procedures for the next in the series.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Silver Member

/

for me it would be a ElK / Muledeer hunt im going to do one more DIY in CO. with my son and if i get skunked ill break out the secret cash pay for one before i get to old to do it

JIM
Old 11-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Gold Member

Wolves in idaho or Montana when the protection is lifted.

LRH member #23
Old 11-30-2007, 12:07 AM
SPONSOR

Catshooter, for you i was thinkin something like a nice tabby or persian at around 450yds with a ultra mag!!!! Might have to change your handle if your gonna go after canines as well!!!!

I would like to thump a big wolf someday, i would like to get a full body mount but that might scare the hell out of me walkin in to my house late at nite!!!! Guess you guys up north are gettin to have quite a problem with those things, to bad the policy makers think its just a thing of beauty :mad:
1-800-522-3314
Old 11-30-2007, 12:10 AM
SPONSOR

STX, sounds pretty good. I got a elk hunt planned in CO this next year and if everything goes decent then in 09 i will head back up with my dad for the same. he is a big horse guy so we wanna check out the area first, besides he got screwed so bad on our moose hunt i cant bring myself to take him on another busted hunt!

keep em comin guys, give us all something to dream about for next year!!!!
1-800-522-3314