Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What is the scariest/funniest thing you have seen at a local rifle range?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Bronze Member

Re: What is the scariest/funniest thing you have seen at a local rifle range?

The scariest thing I ever experienced was when I was in the army, we were at the range qualifying with our m4's. One in my unit from Costa Rica who hadnt had much experience with firearms could not get his weapon zeroed. His seargant told him to go do dime drills over at the staging area wich was directly behind the berm we were firing from. So The he and the seargant both check the rifle to make sure ints not loaded and they go over and get ready for the drills. Tovar gets down in the pone position and seargant Mcnight puts and dime on the end of his barrel, They have the weapon pointing towards all of us over on the berm qualifying. Next thing I hear pow and a bullet buzz by us. They failed to unload the weapon and he nearly shot one of my good friends in the back, barely missed him. They both got article 15 and lost rank for the neglegant discharge, that could have easly killed someone.