Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What kind of Holster do you use for your concealed weapon??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Platinum Member

What kind of Holster do you use for your concealed weapon??

I have a Kimber 1911 45 ACP I need a good holster that I can carry in my waiste band I want one that I can wear under my T shirt while the wife and I are out walking . What do you use ? or What do you suggest?

Thanks BigBuck
Old 04-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Gold Member

Re: What kind of Holster do you use for your concealed weapon??

I have a Kimber Tactical Ultra Carry 45acp. My IWB holster is from Mitch Rosen. I also use one of his belts. It is the most comfortable IWB I have found. I do prefer to have a T-shirt or shirt between the holstered gun and my skin. Its just more comfortable. If I need 100 percent concealment I will throw on a light shirt, jacket or vest.
RMNS 8:28
Old 04-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN Hunter View Post
I have a Kimber Tactical Ultra Carry 45acp. My IWB holster is from Mitch Rosen. I also use one of his belts. It is the most comfortable IWB I have found. I do prefer to have a T-shirt or shirt between the holstered gun and my skin. Its just more comfortable. If I need 100 percent concealment I will throw on a light shirt, jacket or vest.
Can I tuck my shirt in with this style of holster ? And will this one work with a Pro CDP II ?

Thanks for the reply

BigBuck
Old 04-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Gold Member

Holster Info below. They are extremely comfortable. Yes you can tuck it under your shirt. I suggest you call and talk with Mitch. He is a great guy and will offer you alot of input.

Rosen Product Line

An Inside-the- Waistband holster with an offset attachment loop, the ARG is reinforced at the top with double leather and steel, thus facilitating ease of one-handed reholstering. Stitched sight rails ensure that front sights will not pull leather. The ARG does away with the excess bulk typically associated with inside-the- waistband holsters. The ARG features a radical rearward muzzle rake. You can wear it with a tailored suit, and it will NOT print. The belt loop is stitched on and very snugly fit to the dimensions of the belts which I offer. The butt of the handgun is as snug to the body as possible. There is no better inside-the- waistband holster available... and none more concealable.
*We have re-named this holster to "American Rear Guard" in honor of the victims and heroes of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. This holster was formerly named "Ayoob Rear Guard" after the gunwriter who first suggested that I create a holster with an offset belt loop.

AVAILABLE: Most pistols, S&W J-frame with short barrels, S&W K-frames with barrels to 4".

COLORS: Black, dark brown, mahogany, light brown, and natural

ORDER: ARG™

PRICE: $150.00 in best quality cowhide (ARG™ shown here in best quality cowhide with sharkskin trim); (Also available in Slimline construction, $210.00)
Old 04-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Platinum Member

While we are talking about the kimbers have you ever used the 10 Round Kimber MAG. ? I was looking in my midway book last night and noticed it . It didn't look like my factory metal clip though but I really like the thought of 10 Rounds

BigBuck
Old 04-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Platinum Member

Kramer Horsehide---the Gold Standard IMHO...
Old 04-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Gold Member

My ultra carry takes a 7 rounder. There are 8 round available but i havent tried them. I have bought additional mags. I will only use factory mags or wilson combat mags. Don't trust anything else. They cost a little more - but i figure if your betting your life on them its worth the extra cost.