Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

The thread is closed

What a joke....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-28-2007, 10:44 PM
Platinum Member

Last edited by BountyHunter; 10-07-2007 at 07:03 PM.

Unread 09-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Gold Member

You have forgot more about this than some people think they know .

Fiftydriver I learn some thing new every dayWhen I reading your post .

I read other post an will knot learn anything new .

Kill more Coyotes

Feed The Buzzards
Unread 09-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Platinum Member
[Quote] by Bounty Hunter
. the article never gave any PSI level ratings. That was made up and posted by the naysayers. You challenged it in your post and asked for proof. When you ask for proof that way, Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder can see you are calling the man a liar, don't try to back peddle now.[Quote]

I'm not back peddle and you ascerting that I called the man a liar is a stretch to put it mildly............BUD
range it,check the wind, dial in correction, aim and only one shot
Unread 09-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Platinum Member
JWP, you are back peddeling. I mean your post is titled "What a Joke". I am not a rocket scientist, but it sure sounds like to me your calling the man a liar.

I would apologize for the title and admit that you were wrong and then call it good.

Unread 09-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Platinum Member
Bountyhunter, once again excellent post and comments.

Unread 09-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member
JamesH, I am going to use the Norma brass, because Richard has informed me it is performing very well out of this chambering and bullet combo.

He also stated he has build about 27 of these exact rifles in the past year, and he explains that all of his customeres are reporting excellent results and amazing accuracy with the Norma brass.

Richard, also stated he is not having any issues with pressures problems or primer pocket issues.

I think one thing to also mention about Richards 300 WSM Varminter, is that he recommends a particular type of barrel and twist rate for this chambering. He recommends the Bartlien, 30", 1-15 twist barrel. He has stated they have all been very consistant with accuracy and velocity with the chambering and bullet combo.

Also, another thing to remeber, he is using the VV-N550 Powder. This powder gives less pressure and gives 100 to 200fps advantage over other powders.

As I mentioned, as soon as I receive the rifle, I will post results and comments. I will be honest, and I will let you know if it works.

Unread 09-29-2007, 02:58 AM
Platinum Member
Interesting Thread

Well this is an interesting thread. I can see some merit to both sides of the issues, particularly when we're specializing in a varmint rifle versus a large game rifle. The intended use here is apples versus oranges. I'm learning some more about our sport and methods as I read along. I will offer this... we will learn just as much if people don't get their dander up, and the experience will probably be more peaceful and enjoyable for all involved. There's no good reason to agressively pile on to one side or the other of this discussion other than the fight or flight response. And I know we can rise above that, otherwise we wouldn't be able to keep it together during the last moments of the stalk as we set up for the shot of a lifetime.

Don't get me wrong. I'm no referee. And there's been good educational information shared here. Which is the primary reason I read and enjoy this forum. The members are completely willing to share a wealth of knowledge and experience. Onward, and hopefully upward.
The thread is closed