Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

The thread is closed

What a joke....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Platinum Member

Last edited by BountyHunter; 10-07-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Unread 10-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Platinum Member

Not all of them go into little groups, sometimes one or two get away and opened this group to just under 12", however I did have 3 that were right at 1" and 5 in 4". Cases needed annealing and was waiting on my annealing disk tray for the 6 BR.

The 6.054" and the 12" were a 6 BRDX shooting a mid BC flat base BIB

Unread 10-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Platinum Member
Hey Kirby, I am not inflating anything. Richard, informed me personally, he has built many of these rifles and has continued to receive orders.

And for your info, I shoot all types of bullets. Matchkings, Berger VLD's, Lapua Scenars, ect. I also like to shoot the Ballistic Tips and V-max bullets too. You make it sound like I never shoot High BC Bullets, once again you say something that is not true. I have owned a 6.5x284 and a 338 Yogi, of course I use VLD bullets. I like to use all bullets for different situations, whats wrong with that. I might not be a gunsmith or ballistics expert, but I can shoot pretty damn good. I do know what I am doing.

Once again you call my character into question. I am not going to even say anything else. All I can say is, if you knew me and saw me, you would think twice about attacking my character.

Your character SHINES brightly, I have continued to say good things about you, while you continue to attack me. By the way, I am not stroking anybody. Just becuase I agree with someone, you make this comment.

You make good points and so does Bountyhunter.

It seems like when anyone post something about using a Ballistic Tip or V-Max bullet, that person gets a tounge lashng from those who use the VLD's exclusively.

One more thing, It really has become the Kirby Allen web site, and I think thats wrong. Anytime someone has a disagreement with you, your GDR Stazi crowed comes out to hijack our post, put our ideas down, ect. NOT ALL, but some. REMEBER, REMEBER, I said NOT ALL do this, it's a select few.

I have decided that this is my last post on this site. I am sure some of you are happy, well I am too. This site has become no fun unless you agree with the High BC crowed.

Good luck with your buisness, you want need a web page as you have succefully hijacked this sight.

BYE BYE!!!!!!!!!
Unread 10-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Gold Member
Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
I have decided that this is my last post on this site. I am sure some of you are happy, well I am too.
Does this mean that you won't be posting the results of your 300WSM when you get it?
Unread 10-03-2007, 01:10 AM
Silver Member
This debate about the Franklin 300 WSM/125grBT/4000fps rifle could be resolved if he would submit his rifle and ammo to an independent testing lab for velocity and pressure measurements; but since he seems to be selling them as fast as he can make them, I guess that won't be happening any time soon.

Kirby, these fellows appear to be a mite jealous of the interest you've generated on this board. Well, too (expletive deleted) bad. I always look for your posts, and find them interesting and very informative.

BTW, sorry to read that your daughter has been ill...I know how tough it is for everyone when an infant is sick ("been there, done that"). Hope she is feeling better, and soon will be completely well.
Unread 10-03-2007, 06:48 AM
Bronze Member
Without taking any sides in this debate, just a couple of observations.

1. The Midway catalog shows over 280 different configurations of rifle brass for sale. This is just the ones that are commercially manufactured. There are probably as many home-made wildcats out there you have to form your own brass for.

Every one of these rounds was built because someone thought they would serve a need or fill a particular niche better that what was previously available. Do we really need 600 different rifle rounds? probably not. Will that stop folk from wildcatting? Ha.

2. Trying to idiot-proof anything only ends up creating a better idiot. Folks have been overloading since day one. The standard in the revolver world is trying to get .45 Colt to shoot at .44 mag velocity. I also remember IPSC shooters loading the 9X21 to insane pressures to try to make Major power factor. Look out at the 'post your load' sites and you'll also see some pretty scary data.

People will try and drive their SUV like a sports car, and ski the double diamond slope their second time on skis. There's no way to stop it, and you just have to hope that they haven't bred before they kill themselves.

3. Folks here generally get along pretty well. I'd hate to lose that.
There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload."
Unread 10-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Platinum Member

Last edited by BountyHunter; 10-07-2007 at 07:21 PM.
The thread is closed