Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What I got for my birthday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Silver Member

What I got for my birthday

I got the gratest wife in the world. First she buys me guns. Since my birthday is this month she went off and got me a Forster coax press, a dillon brass tumbler, an RCBS electric case trimmer, A hornanday hand primer, 5000 rifle primers, 8 pounds of powder, and 1000 50 grain vmax bullets, a tube of case lube and a 30,000 psi locking vise. She also got me full length dies for both 308 and 223.

So now I have all the stuff I need to load both calibers. This week I should finish building the work bench in my man room.

You gotta love a woman who likes trucks and guns.

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64
Old 09-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Gold Member

Re: What I got for my birthday

I did some reloading about 30 years ago. Recently decided to get back into it. Although the Obama factor makes the decision a no brainer, I had already been planning and researching components for a couple of years and this year went forward with the plan.

The Forster Co-Ax is what I ended up with.

What a sweet little machine.

Their directions are lousy.

After I got everything figured out, the directions made some sense but that was afterward

I actually really like the manual priming feature off the top of the press.

You obviously hit a home run with your choice for a wife!

And happy bday.
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty to throw off such governments. …” Jefferson

We are very close to this point now.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:21 PM
Gold Member

If she did that without a list I'm double impressed!!
That's great. She's a keeper'!!!

I have a pretty awesome wife as well. First she tells me to go on a surprise white water raft trip down the Colorado through the grand canyon, fully outfitted for 7 days 6 nights. with a helicopter and charter plane ride back...then when I get home she had this surprise birthday party planned for months( which I'm still in shock over) for me and manages to bring people from all over the USA...several childhood friends as well as a LRH buddy I had never met; only knew through hundreds of hours of phone conversations over the years, sharing different rifle building ideas as well as several long range hunting buddies from ND and SD (there were approx 75 people there) I walked right into it...without a clue as my b-day isn't until December! For the next day I find out she had a prairie dog trip planned for all my long range hunting buddies that came . and to top it off when I get home I find a brand new full set of Magna tip gunsmithing screwdrivers and tips on my bench.
The only thing she didn't do is load all my ammo for the dog trip, but she helped me load it till 2 A.M. As well as letting me win the Gold medal at the ND regional "F" class match this past Sunday (as we all know she can shoot better than I can )

308nate
Old 09-16-2009, 11:55 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 308 nate View Post
If she did that without a list I'm double impressed!!
That's great. She's a keeper'!!!

I have a pretty awesome wife as well. First she tells me to go on a surprise white water raft trip down the Colorado through the grand canyon, fully outfitted for 7 days 6 nights. with a helicopter and charter plane ride back...then when I get home she had this surprise birthday party planned for months( which I'm still in shock over) for me and manages to bring people from all over the USA...several childhood friends as well as a LRH buddy I had never met; only knew through hundreds of hours of phone conversations over the years, sharing different rifle building ideas as well as several long range hunting buddies from ND and SD (there were approx 75 people there) I walked right into it...without a clue as my b-day isn't until December! For the next day I find out she had a prairie dog trip planned for all my long range hunting buddies that came . and to top it off when I get home I find a brand new full set of Magna tip gunsmithing screwdrivers and tips on my bench.
The only thing she didn't do is load all my ammo for the dog trip, but she helped me load it till 2 A.M. As well as letting me win the Gold medal at the ND regional "F" class match this past Sunday (as we all know she can shoot better than I can )

308nate
That sounds like something my wife would do. Are you sure they don't know each other (LOL)

http://web.me.com/rdsii64/shooter64