Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What Hand Gun do you use for Personal Protection??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 11:28 PM
Bronze Member

Re: What Hand Gun do you use for Personal Protection??

I carry a springfield xd 40 with Golddots. I use a crossbreed supertuck deluxe to keep it out of sight.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:34 PM
Bronze Member

I carry a Glock 27 in .40 S&W. It conceals well with a 9 round mag but I carry a 13 round mag on my belt in a pocket knife sheath. I drive a tow truck and have just got in the habbit of carrying whenever I leave the house. I used to carry a 1911 in .45 but it was hard to conceal in the summer and I like the idea of having more rounds available.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Silver Member

I don't conceal carry often but when I do its a sub compact 22 lr. For personal and home perfection I have a Taurus 357 mag., an sw9ve sigma, and recently added a Beretta m9. I also have a couple guns throughout the house in accessible places. I do plan on getting a compact or sub compact 9 when I move to ak. Been looking at a sub compact baby I eagle with polymer frame for that fix.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Platinum Member

Cool to see all of the different combos and set ups . I like the Idea of an extra clip in a pocket nife sheeth.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 PM

I carry a Glock 30SF daily in one of the holsters I make. Very comfortable.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:07 AM
Bronze Member

Use old school 45 cap, brand is a Para Ordance P14 Limited!!! No replacement for displacement!!!! 185 gold dots!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:21 AM
Platinum Member

I just bought this from Bud's. Acording to CZ75 guys it's not actually a clone but made from the same design with a few key changes, namely in the trigger (I'm going with a clone). Think Beretta 92 and Taurus PT92. The CZ fans seem to like it as much as their CZ's, they go so far as to claim it's equal. Quite a statement I think.

CANIK55 S-120 9MM TITANIUM 17+1 $449.00 SHIPS FREE
Keep in mind the animals we shoot for food and display are not bullet proof. Contrary to popular belief, they bleed and die just like they did a hundred years ago. Being competent with a given rifle is far more important than impressive ballistics and poor shootability. High velocity misses never put a steak in the freezer.

Joe