Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What Hand Gun do you use for Personal Protection??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member

Re: What Hand Gun do you use for Personal Protection??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnwrunner View Post
bigbuck---great choice and it is a great pistol. Get yourself some federal hydrashoks for that baby and you will have an awesome stopping handgun.
I have multiple handguns including that one and my "car" gun is a dan wesson 1911.
But the one that I carry most is a north american arms 22 magnum 5 shot. It NEVER does not go with me as it just fits right inside your pocket. Yeah, I know, its a 22 magnum. But what you will find with most folks is a pistol is cumbersome and they end up not carrying it. The best pistol is the one you are carrying. I usually carry two but the small one is always with me. I also carry the M & P in a ankle holster as it is the compact.

Randy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
I'm the odd guy out again....

None of the above.

I carry infrequently but when I do, It's always my Bond Snakslayer 2 shot derringer, fits in your pocket like a set of keys or in it's tiny ballistic nylon holster. One chamber has a 410 shotshell with No.8 and the other has a hollow point 45 Long Colt.

First one to get the attention and cause terminal acne, the second one to drill a large hole.....

If you need more than two, you are done for anyway.

I have a Kimber and a Wilson but I prefer the small but mighty derringer.
Randy,
Sidecarflip,
I saw the coolest little gun the other day . You guys may have seen one before I cannot remember the name for sure but It may have been a richardson arms. The handle folds up like a pocket knife the guy was carring it in the little pocket on the side of his pants leg (he was wearing carharts) It has the little clip just like a fold up pocket knife has that you clip to your pocket . neatest thing I have seen it comes in a 22 or 22 Mag tiny little 5 shot revolver. He said it cost $200.00 "If" you can find one.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyomingblizzard View Post
I have a few to choose from, but my prefered carry pistol is a 1911 oficers model 45acp loaded with flying ash trays(200 grn hollow points). When I am in the woods I carry a Smith&wesson Mountian Gun in 44mag most of the time.

The "Flying ashtrays" made my morning! Haven't heard that one in quite some time. Thanks for the grin!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocB View Post
Awwwwww Joe.. such a cute little gun!

Just kidding Coach.

My side arm is Glock 20, 10mm. Got it when I was in Panama and we have been 'close' ever since!

Mom's packin a Colt Python .357 6" and a S&W Bodyguard as her CC baby, she's named it 'Kevin'.. she loved Kevin Costner in 'Bodyguard'

I call my Glock "Hans"...

Doc
LOL I wanted a 10mm, but I can hardly find ammo for it around here, and while I will load for my 40, I would just as soon buy my pistol ammo. So, I bought the 40 S&W. It shoots well, but the trigger sucks! Maybe someday when I have more patience and time to reload for one I will get a 10mm.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Silver Member

Sorry Sidecar, I had to have some fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
I carry infrequently but when I do
LMAO! I didn't know you were HIM!
Attached Thumbnails - Click to View Larger
What Hand Gun do you use for Personal Protection??-dosequis.jpg  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member

Wish I was. He has more hair than I do. I'm a bit light on top. Don't understand why in as much as I'm half Sioux and Indians aren't supposed to be bald.....
Old 03-03-2013, 08:24 PM
Silver Member

Springfield XD compact in 45acp. Its a 10 + 1 but here in Andys world I can only "legally" load 7 in the mag shoots great. No problems with FMJ's or JHP's.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:52 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyin lizard View Post
Springfield XD compact in 45acp. Its a 10 + 1 but here in Andys world I can only "legally" load 7 in the mag shoots great. No problems with FMJ's or JHP's.
Thats a BIG THUMPER
Cool to see all of the different choices.....