Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What else do you hunt???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-31-2006, 08:13 AM
Re: What else do you hunt???

Gotta love the fresh shrimp and cold Corona's down there!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you drinkin' that trash beer for?? Get yourself a real Mexican beer and drink a Tecate, Dos Equis or Negra Modelo!!!

Unread 06-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Gold Member

´When I have time I also do some small game hunting (both feather and fur); best of all is snipe hunting in the woods.

Used to do some fishing and spear gun fishing before, not any more though.

Most intense hunting was falconry, used to hunt with goshawks. I was able to keep it up after getting married but when kids came, I was too short of time and had to leave that for when I´m really old and have nothing to do ¡¡

Here´s a pic on a seagull
Unread 06-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Platinum Member

Love to fish the Lake Michigan waters.

Last weekend I was in Ontario fishing Northern Pike and Walleye. We landed 3 Pike over 40" and a 37 1/2"er in the first five minutes, we also limited out plus released more walleye on the first two nights.
Unread 06-02-2006, 06:00 AM
Silver Member

Here in Northern Virginia, I get out to hunt whitetail deer, sitka deer on the Eastern Shore, and elk (yes, we have an elk herd on southwestern VA, regulated just like whitetail), rabbit, squirrel, coyote, duck & geese when I can, snipe & rail (a marsh bird somewhat native to this area) and whatever else I can with a rifle, pistol & shotgun.

I also do alot of spearfishing, all free diving. Going to get some spadefish, black drum, cobias and maybe AJs down on the Eastern Shore this weekend.

By the way, if there's anyone out there who can put me on some pheasant and ducks in South Dakota this November, drop me a line at

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - George Orwell
Unread 06-10-2006, 01:50 AM
Silver Member

I mainly shoot Wallabies and Kangeroos, for LR i use a .308, for walking i use a shotgun or .22lr and for spotlighting on farms i use a .22Mag and 12ga.
Other than that i hunt rabbits, feral cats, Fallow deer, few diffrenct species of ducks (I usally head shoot them with a rifle so i don't break my teeth on pellets.) and, especially during summer, i shoot alot of crows, mainly at LR with .308 but sometimes if theres alot around (lambing season) i'll make a hide out of tree branchs, scatter some dead bodies around and wait inside with a crow call, my 12ga and a few boxes of #4 shells, great fun. Thats pretty much there extent of game here in my state.

I used to shoot IHMSSA(?) but found it boring after a couple of months. I'd Really like to get into IPSC but it looks like it's days may be numbered here, and i'd hate to shell out $1500+ and 6months getting the licence, just to have to hand my guns in in a years time.

I only fish when i'm camping (Ever fish with HE? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] ) and then it's ussally just setting a few deadlines and cheacking them when i return from hunting. The only fish in the rivers here are brown and sometimes rainbow trout and black fish. Sometimes i go out after lobsters which is fun and provides a great feed.
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs & cackling "You're next". They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.