Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What else do you hunt???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-26-2006, 11:55 AM
What else do you hunt???

I was just wondering what all other types of hunting you guys did beside long range. Do you do archery, blackpowder, waterfowl, etc etc etc

We do a lot of duck and goose hunting around here and a decent amount of dove hunting if it aint to hot.

Steve Elmenhorst
Third Generation Shooting Supply
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST

Unread 05-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Platinum Member
Re: What else do you hunt???

I'm not much for things that wear feathers but most all else I hunt or will hunt. I've been archery (stick and modern), black powder, handgun big game and small, small game, big game rifle, varmint and even killed a few critters with thrown rocks and sticks and took a spear out a few times. I've tracked deer down and killed them with a knife and snared a few skunks and racoons. I rode motorcycle for a while so I've also killed a few bugs with a quick bite (or two [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) and a hasty gulp.
Unread 05-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Gold Member

I bowhunt, bowfish, hunt dove, ducks, woodcock, snipe, rails, beavers, deer, hogs, rabbits, squirrel, and jack-a-lopes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Unread 05-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Silver Member

Waterfowl, mainly on the Snake River
Deer, elk (still haven't got one [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]), chuckar, quail, pheasant, rockchucks, ground squirrels, jackrabbits, badgers, coyotes, etc.

I have a traditional style black powder rifle that was given to me by my grandfather that I have yet to take hunting. There are a couple of units in Idaho that allow only traditional muzzleloaders for deer/elk so I really should go shoot something with it. Hell, I might even get a bow - I really want to stick some carp with an arrow.
I keep nature balanced - I hunt everything!
Unread 05-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Silver Member

If it moves I hunt it. But lately I have been hunting coyotes with greyhounds, not as fast as a 22-250 but they act like heat seekers once their turned loose. Pluse their a blast to watch.
Unread 05-27-2006, 05:27 AM

That Dave King, he's just born to kill! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
- -
Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Unread 05-27-2006, 06:25 AM

I have at one time or another hunted in just about thing available in the Northwest in every possible way. As soon as I kill a bull elk with a bow I will have gotton one with everything, a hand gun, shotgun, muzzloader, rifle & long range rifle. I have also shot most shooting competitions available at one time or another, trap, skeet, sporting clays, live bird, tactical shotgun, 3 gun, IPSC pistol, ppc, idpa, bullseye, GSSF, bowling pins, siloutte, fast draw, steel challange, tactical rifle, precision rifle, benchrest, high power, rifle siloutte, F class, sniper matches, and smallbore rifle to name most of them. I am just about shooting. I don't fish, I understand it, it is hunting for fish but that is about as far as I go.
Shawn Carlock