Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What brake for a 7rm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Silver Member

What brake for a 7rm

I was thinking a KDF but thought I would ask befor I did it . and who would be a good smith to do the job at a far price.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:21 PM
SPONSOR

Re: What brake for a 7rm

If prone shooting is a possibility I would not use a full profile brake that has holes all the way around.
I use Holland's Radial, Mac's Brake, Kirby's Painkiller, and Jim See's brake.
All work good, all have a solid bottom.
These guys can install their brake for you or your local smith could put one of their brakes on for you.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:19 AM
Gold Member

Re: What brake for a 7rm

+1 on what Ernie said. I have a CSR original break on my 7 SAUM and I love it. Jim See has since released his Muscle Break in a few different sizes. Either break will work perfectly for what you want. My 7 SAUM recoils light enough I can spot my hits at around 300 yds. It's a pleasure to shoot and he does excellent work. CLICK HERE TO CHECK HIM OUT

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all." Marine General Mattis

Custom built 7mm SAUM