Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What Is The Back Story To Your Screen Name?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Silver Member
Magic of MT - Lots of Magic's out there so thought I would personalize it a bit and add the state I live in.

Unread 03-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Gold Member
I used to own an excavation company, and in the early days there was only five of us. So most evenings when I came home I was usually covered with mud and dirt. My wife would take one look at me and say "O K Dirtball you aint comming in this house like that, take those clothes of in the yard BEFORE you come in". So I would take them off and hose them off with the garden hose before they could be put in the washing machine.
My son was the same way when he was a kid, you could dress him up and tie him in a chair, and by the time we were ready to go to church he was filthy.
Unlike his old man he grew out of it.
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)
Unread 03-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Bronze Member
Everyone one in our hunting party is nickname after a charater in a western movie I am Preacher from the movie Pale Rider by Clint Eastwood. And yes, I am from Idaho. IP
Unread 03-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Silver Member
My wife once told me that I was so frustrating to live with that, before long, my only housemates would be my guns and my "stupid dogs" (all labrador retrievers, and they did act kind of dumb sometimes). She forgot about my motorcycles, I guess.

Oh, and we're still married and together after 25 years.

Darn, that reminds me. I forgot our anniversary again. I wonder if I should buy her a dog?
NRA Life Member
Safari Club Life Member
Unread 03-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Platinum Member
I dunno the story behind mine. It is what everyone has been calling me since I can remember. I hardly answer to my given name. I guess it is just one of those redneck nicknames.
I admit that I know just enough to be dangerous.....but dangerous at ever extending distances.
Unread 03-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Bronze Member
Well I was nicknamed "Army Mule" or just "Mule" by some of my hunting partners a long time ago. Seems they just could not keep up or figured out how I could cary a 60+ lb pack up and down the mountains all day long while hunting elk. I told them the Army had a lot to do with this so hence the name and it has stuck.

Unread 03-16-2008, 09:25 PM
I first got on the world wide webb in 1998. I was 50 yrs old and I thought I had about a 50/50 chance of working it out on my own. Name is Ron. Therefore Ron 5050.:confused: