Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

What Is The Back Story To Your Screen Name?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-03-2008, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member
SUNDEVIL, is that the college that's in Tucson? i remember playing in a softball national championship out there once. when we weren't playing ball, we were shooting water balloons out the sliding doors at the college pukes. might have been the most fun i've ever had!

Unread 03-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member
My mom and sis always said I was grumpy as a old bear. And I like the old Silvertip ammo by Winchester. I began onthe net as silvertip-pa in 1998, sort of an anniversary this month. Sadly after ten yrs on the net I am a bit bored with it so I just dont get on as much. I come here often and two other places and thats it. Woudl rather be hunting/shooting I guess.

NRA Life Member
Unread 03-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member
I'm Roy and I live in Idaho.

That's about as complicated as my creativity get.
I may be the slowest guy on the mountain . . . . but . . . . I'm on the mountain!
Unread 03-05-2008, 08:24 AM
Silver Member
When my son was a sophmore in high school his football team had the first winning season in decades. A bunch of Dads and players were sitting around one of the local ice cream/burger joints after watching "Goodfellas". The boys started giving everyone a Mafia nickname. I was Jimmy the Chain, because I was on the Chain Gang at the home football games. I shortened it to Chain. Some of the boys still call me Chain and that was 10 years ago. I was on the down box, no better place to watch small town high school football. Thanks
Unread 03-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Bronze Member

Retired 9 years ago after a quarter century of working for the State of Colorado. The road work was the most fun job I ever had. The office work :mad::mad:. Too young to stay home even if I can get social security so I'm now into Firmware-software testing and PC support at HP. They treat me nice because they know if they don't I'll retire again.
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Bronze Member
long ago

Originally Posted by Len Backus View Post
Sometime think about the screen names of our members. You'll find some pretty interesting ones. When I look at some of them I really have to ask myself..."Now, where in heck did that name come from?"

So let's hear your story! light bulb

Oh, and mine is too tricky to ever try to explain. ;)

I was a watchmaker hence the name "hammer mechanic". Bit of tongue in cheek humor. Regards...g
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:13 PM

When I got married a couple of years ago my wife whom I first met while riding my Harley just getting back from Sturgis and that started it all off and the rest is history--been riding for 45 years and it finally happened. My wife calls me ISB--INCREDIBLE SEXY BIKER--it kinda stuck--that is my story