Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Week of R&R in Colorado, What to do or see

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 09:35 PM
GNERGY

Week of R&R in Colorado, What to do or see

The GF and I are heading to Colorado, staying in Boulder for some sight seeing and cooler temps ( from the AZ heat ) Any suggestions on things to do or places of interest. Besides my hunting trips this is the first vacation we have taken in a while.
Thanks in advance.
Tarey
Old 08-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Week of R&R in Colorado, What to do or see

If you like the outdoors and you must in the future you ought to check out some of the float trips offered on the major rivers here in Idaho. The Middle Fork of the Salmon the main Salmon and the Lower Snake are great. There are many more and there is always the Colorado River.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 08-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Silver Member

Tour as much of it as you can. My wife and I went down to pueblo, colorado springs, manitou springs and took a road trip through the middle part of the state. It is really a beautiful state.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Gold Member

Long way from Boulder, but Mesa Verde in the SW corner of the state is worth a visit. Campground is at 10 000 ft ! Saw some interesting critters and climbing around those caves will literally take your breath away... Monument Valley is not too far from there either. I don't personally care for Colorado east of the rocky mts, nor the ski areas (I70 corridor) but get over the front range to the smaller places in the mountains and it is pretty nice.