Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Weatherby Service Department Report

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-16-2007, 08:13 PM
Oops...I'm still finding my feet around here..
Go Ahead- Melt the Copper Off. . .

Last edited by WbySub-MOA; 07-16-2007 at 08:17 PM. Reason: New interface, old habits..make that a toddler member

Unread 07-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Silver Member
Ya know, I'm suprised to hear this about Wheatherby. I have never dealt with them but I have dealt with Winchester, Remington, Marlin, and Freedom Arms. EVERY time I have been treated more than fairly by EVERY company.

Years ago I lived in Alaska and after a Friday afternoon range visit preparing for a Sunday morning fly-out caribou hunt, I found the fireing pin in my Casull was broken. On Saturday I called Freedom Arms (knowing nobody would be in on a Saturday) and low and behold, someone was in the office for a minute picking something up AND answered the phone. I told him my problem and he said, "go to (local Freedom Arms dealer) have them pull a fireing pin from a gun on the shelf and put it in your gun. I'll call them and let them know you are coming. Tell them to bill us and have a great hunt!" WOW!!!

I have contacted both Remington and Winchester to get parts I messed up. Each time I told them it was completly my fault and their reply was ALWAYS, the part is on its way free of charge, have a nice day.

I have ALWAYS been amazed with the customer service I have gotten from compainies in the shooting industry. I have always been impressed that customer service meant just that. That has been MY experience. Its too bad Wheaterby hasn'e stood up to the same tradition. Oh well, I guess I'll stay with "Big Green."

I'm sorry to haer the problerms you all have had, it is VERY frusterating. Maybe if we start talking with our wallets the "less good" companies will start listening.
Genises 27-3: Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison...