Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

We might get a Cabelas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2006, 02:20 AM
Platinum Member

Re: We might get a Cabelas

Press releases last month. The only job available on line though is some credit card sales manager position. But they are coming. Moving into the old Costco building at Millwaukee and Franklin.

Where you from?
Old 02-01-2006, 06:03 AM
Silver Member

I am originally from Missouri (just North of K.C.) and we are blessed enough to have a Cabela's across the border in K.C., Kansas and Bass Pro (Headquarters) down in Springfield! Needless to say, we have put a lot of miles on the vehicle going back and forth between the two. I am still married so I must be doing something right. My wife tags along just because there is a really good fudge shop at the Cabelas in Kansas City.

Knappy
Old 02-01-2006, 09:09 PM

4ked Horn, Cabelas should have put their retail store in the old Jabil Circuit building in Meridian. That Costco store is great for locale but the parking will be terrible at best. At any rate, I can't wait until they get here. Besides, they will be right across the street from Hooters! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member

I'm officially broke in the future.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member

I hope so much that they dont just put a Cabelas sign on the front of the building and call it good. I agree that the parking will be awful. The Jabil building is a good idea.

Hooters is a customer of mine. When I went down to work on their building the first time the district manager told me that they had looked at hundreds of locations in the Treasure Valley before they picked that one. They considered a place on Eagle near Pine but the bare land was one mil. The old Perkins land and building was quite a bit less so they settled for the second busiest intersection in Idaho and moved there. With Cabelas moving back in that same area it might go back to being the busiest for about 3 months.