Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Way too much time on my hands this evening - made a RN ACI

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Platinum Member

Way too much time on my hands this evening - made a RN ACI

Was dinkin' around and got an idea which is usually not good [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Made the below gizmo attached to a tripod. It only has to last one morning for a bit of a scouting expedition.

The only bad thing is that there is no duct tape on it. Guess I'm coming up in the world [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Also, note the calibration! Spot on! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Come on gimme a break!
Old 08-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Way too much time on my hands this evening - made a RN ACI

Rube Goldberg is alive and well and living in Idaho. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Platinum Member

IIIII liiiiikke It [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keep on thinking man , we'll be sending you the big bucks before you know it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jim

p.s. Did it work ?
Old 08-27-2005, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. Did it work ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it works! How well in the field we'll see. An improvement would have been sending the spotter off to get a retical so I could clearly define the center.

But that would have broken the Rube Goldberg tradition [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Plus it wooda cost money. That BT makes a way cool pointer, huh" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'll report from next weekends field trip.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Silver Member

See what happens when you dink around! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I was dinking around and made a tool for determining OAL.