Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

wast of money for new army weopon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Silver Member

wast of money for new army weopon

I have to agree with this guy
http://thegunsmiths.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=338
Old 01-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Gold Member

Re: wast of money for new army weopon

Absolutely do not agree. The fellow has clearly never been involved in any form of crowd or riot control activity.

Non-lethal or 'less than lethal' weapons are a vital option.

Try a web search on 'Three block war'.
Old 01-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Gold Member

Especially when used on a countries own citizens!

Ian.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Gold Member

...or perhaps on that frigid ex-girlfriend! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 01-26-2007, 03:53 PM
Silver Member

I must disagree whole heartedly! This is almost the perfect weapon for use on those who would hide among women and children for cover when the shooting starts. You could deploy this weapon on an entire crowd without civilian casualties. If we simply started shooting into the crowd without reguard for the civilian loss of life, support for the war will simply disappear, and like our enemys think, we'll end up cutting and running. This weapon is classified as nonlethal, nonlethal is a good thing in certain situations. Just think, it's just another way to get people to stop without killing them.

But, If this weapon is truly a waste of money, then I guess we should just drop a nuke on them. I mean who cares If we kill millions of innocent civilians, at least we won the war. Right!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:10 PM
Silver Member

Re: wast of money for new army weapon

Brown Dog
The point of the rant was not about crowd control but WAR. If the government wants to develop new weapons make them lethal, It won't matter if the weapon is non lethal or not the press will accuse us of causing abortions, and cooking babes in the womb,
My son is on his way back to Iraq within a week for the third time, he has been wounded in both previous tours, I don't give a damn about crowd control I want my boy and the others back alive and intact. So spend the money on new body armor and weapons that cause pain and death.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member

i agree and disagree. I think that for crowd control it is great. excellent Idea. But I dont think this should ever be on the front line when we start rolling in with tanks to take a place and make it safe for our troops. Im sorry, dont have any remorse for anybody that comes and bombes us then hides. especially when the do so at the stake of women and childrens lives. I know there are others out there that are better people than me and think that we shouldn't kill anybody. But after 9/11, I feel no remorse for anybody that was with that plot or anyone bombing and killing just to try and make themselves the bully of the playground we call earth. Just my opinion.