Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Washington State Gray Wolf Management...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Silver Member

Re: Washington State Gray Wolf Management...

Washington State isn't the only one that has to worry. The greenies and the Feds want to re-establish the wolf in its previous range which is,( wait for it) just about the whole US of A. My home state does not have elk, just deer and live stock, lots of live stock.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hatch View Post
Washington State isn't the only one that has to worry. The greenies and the Feds want to re-establish the wolf in its previous range which is,( wait for it) just about the whole US of A. My home state does not have elk, just deer and live stock, lots of live stock.
I hear ya. I'm north east of you in west central Wisconsin. In our county alone, we have had 4 dogs killed (pets, not hunting dogs) and 2 more injured (1 pet, another a pointer) by wolves. The Wisconsin DNR has decimated the deer herd in most areas of the state leaving the wolves with less to eat. The elk herd that was re-established in northern Wisconsin has been hit hard by the packs. I may be mistaken, by I believe we were scheduled to have an elk hunt but the wolves halted their recovery, and in fact reversed it.

I know very few people in the area who have not seen wolves or been affected by them. A coworker lost one of his bear/coon hounds, pet, and "best friend" last year to wolves while running bears. The next week, another guy in his hunting group lost one of his also in the same area.

Take a look at the deer numbers (not the #'s the DNR puts out, but the #'s sportsman claim). Then take factor in the booming coyote, wolf, and bear population along with the occasional cougar. Eventually, wolves will turn to livestock and humans because there is not enough natural prey for them.

History repeats itself. There is a reason the pioneers tried to rid the land of them. Eventually, our government will figure out the same thing once enough livestock, pets, and humans have been attacked or killed.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against wolves, but I am against over population of them and no management programs!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member

I just sent an informative email to them.
Old 11-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Platinum Member

I just watched a short documentary on public television, no doubt funded by liberal organizations, on the first discovered wolf pack in Wa St. You would have thought that they found gold they were so excited! I wonder how the ranchers will feel?
Old 11-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot E View Post
I just watched a short documentary on public television, no doubt funded by liberal organizations, on the first discovered wolf pack in Wa St. You would have thought that they found gold they were so excited! I wonder how the ranchers will feel?
Did you get the name of the program?

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?" Thomas Jefferson - Notes on the State of Virginia

www.wildsidesystems.com - Shelter for Your WildSide - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYwgo...&feature=g-upl
Old 11-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmden View Post
Did you get the name of the program?
I went back to find it and can't find the whole thing. Part of it has been consolidated here. If i find the rest of it I will post it.

North Cascades | KCTS 9 Specials | PBS Video
Old 11-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Bronze Member

The introduced Canadian wolves in Western Montana have pretty well decimated the elk populations. The harvest is less than 10% of what it was before the wolves. In 5 years there will be no more elk in Montana.

200 years ago there were no elk in the mountains, they ranged in the plains. After our ancestors wisely exterminated the wolves, sportsmen introduced the elk in the Rockies, which was an overwhelming success, and the elk did no harm to the environment.

In the 80's there were fantastic elk populations and everyone who wanted meat had it in their freezer, plus outfitters made money from out-of-state hunters. It was win-win.

The feds could not stand the idea of gun toting self reliant people filling their freezers for free so they started the:

FEEP. That stands for "Federal Elk Extermination Program". (that's what I call it anyway).

The feds had all the information at their disposal and knew that no elk could survive the wolves in the Rockies because elk and wolves had never co-existed in the mountains before and elk needed sight distance to defend themselves from wolf packs. They knew the introduction of Canadian wolves would decimate the elk and did not disclose this. They also did not disclose that the wolves were diseased with "hydatid". This was a closed door decision.

We have been deceived, folks.

It will be easier to implement gun confiscation after hunting is no longer an American tradition.

Everything is going just as planned!