Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

WalMart fascists at it again !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Platinum Member

WalMart fascists at it again !!!

The Chinese owners of WalMart Corp of Bentonville, Chinese Republic of Arkansas, have decided to videotape all guns buy at their stores inthe USA. Most WalMart stores are already devoid of anything looking like a gun, real or toy. I dont suppose I should be so upset as the fascists have us on video the moment we drive in to the ChinaMart parking lot anyway.

I gotta tell ya one time in 2006 I went to South Side Pueblo WalMart to buy a .243 rifle. I knew what I wanted and I knew that they had it. I filled out the yellow gestapo 4463 form and she called it in. The wait was 45 min. I said I would shop for grocs (not crocs) then come back. She 'ordered' me not to leave the gun dept until my 4463 was clear. I asked her whose 'orders' that was. She told me WalMart store management and Corp Policy. I said 'good I have something for them'. I held up my middle finger to the security camera in the roof and said loudly 'nobody orders me, I am an American' and left the store. They lost a 350.00 sale, which I dont suppose they really care about.

I just feel bad for ol Sam Walton knowin his company has deteriorated into ChinaMart.

NRA Life Member
Old 04-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Platinum Member

Yes-----they are attempting to be "Politically Correct" and doing a poor job of it. Saw the story on the news here and it will cost them my money at least!!
Old 04-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Silver Member

I wouldn't worry too much about them, as soon as China unlocks it's dollar the price of all their crap is going to go through the roof unless the USD manages some miraculous jump in value. They're going to be hurting when that happens. Hopefully some manufacturers will have the good sense to move production back to the US where it will probably be just as cost effective and might help our economy along a little too.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Silver Member

Very true Troutslayer. In fact there are already rumblings that Chinese built goods are going up in price because of the deflating dollar. As for this newest ploy by Walmart, just another reason I more and more commonly drive right on past Walmart, even if they do have the lowest price.