Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

w-wheeler width

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2012, 01:51 PM
Silver Member

w-wheeler width

A while back on LRH I was reading and came across info that was talking about the maximum width of 4-wheelers for national forest roads. Now I can't find it. Does anyone have any ideas on this topic or tell me where to find posts on it?
Old 09-15-2012, 03:07 PM
Platinum Member

Re: w-wheeler width

To the best of my knowledge the width restrictions would be the same as autos on forest service roads. Now on ATV trails the restriction is 50" inches on BLM and state owned land here in Idaho 48" on some trails along with all the required paper work and plates. I assume the restrictions on federal land would be similar here.

I remember that thread you refer to but could not find it.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein
Old 09-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Silver Member

Thanks. Is there an on line source for finding 4-wheeler trails to ride and restrictions for each trail in Idaho?
Bill
Old 09-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter66654 View Post
Thanks. Is there an on line source for finding 4-wheeler trails to ride and restrictions for each trail in Idaho?
Bill
Most all of the quad trails that I have used are on either BLM private or State of Idaho Land. Here on the western side of the state most of the "quad trails" found on Federal Land are on old skid and logging roads that are controlled with gates.

You might do a Google search "ATV trails State of Idaho" or such and see what you can find.

This may be of no interest to you but to get around on Federal land in Idaho a horse is the way to go. There are thousands of miles of horse trails in the back country some maintained and some not.....good luck finding the info you're looking for.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein