Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Chatting and General Stuff > General Discussion

General Discussion Must wear red or OD green socks to participate. I can't see your socks, please be honest.

Very useful tool ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2013, 02:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Very useful tool ...

I hear you 'flip. I've reported several & don't have much of a problem with it. Being who I am & doing what I do, I prefer to handle problems directly, that's what i'm used to. It's somewhat foreign to me to handle issues the otherway around.

I'm still thinking user orientation is the way to go

t

Old 09-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Platinum Member

I have never reported "mis-placed" threads but I maybe I should start. I think it's getting ridiculous and really detracts from the quality of the forums.

Heck, someone started a thread about buying a bow instead of a rifle in the LONG RANGE HUNTING forum. I pointed out that this was probably not the best forum to bring that subject up and then get berated (not by the OP who never responded after) for "playing monitor" and having a "bad attitude" and other things. Get a clue already.... sheeesh!

Then there's the, "What gun should I get for hunting bla bla bla at no farther than 300yds?" threads. Now I'm not trying to be condescending, but this IS the LONG RANGE HUNTING site. These questions should be asked somewhere else, like 24 hr Campfire.

I remember a monitor or two in years past, but have not seen hide nor hair of them in quite a while.

Ya know..... it's been a little while since I've pulled a trigger too

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams
Old 09-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
... I think it's getting ridiculous and really detracts from the quality of the forums.

Then there's the, "What gun should I get for hunting bla bla bla at no farther than 300yds?" threads. Now I'm not trying to be condescending, but this IS the LONG RANGE HUNTING site. These questions should be asked somewhere else, like 24 hr Campfire.

I'm Outlaw6.0 & I approve this message.........

t

Old 09-12-2013, 04:29 PM
Platinum Member

+2.......

I really enjoy the interaction, mostly with the folks that have been on here for a while and not the 11 post count (or 2 post count) newbies, not that some aren't capable of an intelligent discourse, because some are.... but then again, some aren't.

Up here where I live (and hunt), long range might be 150 yards and often it's measured in feet., I don't have the luxury of wide open spaces unless I'm going 'out west' to hunt (which I do) but thats usually a 2 day trip (driving) and a big hassle (flying).

Last fall I posted on the 'How far was your longest kill' thread. It was less than 30 feet, I could have scratched the whitetails head as it walked past me...... and in as much as that was my only filled tag, that was my 'long shot'.

Didn't even get a Kewpie doll.....

I too, like the direct approach. I'm in middle management, riding herd on over 100 guys that would and could do anything to break or stretch company policy and regulations if they could. I don't let them. I have a lot of names (mostly derogatory), you know what, I don't give a s**t. I run a tight ship. I tell the jokes. You laugh whether it's funny or not.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
+2.......

I really enjoy the interaction, mostly with the folks that have been on here for a while and not the 11 post count (or 2 post count) newbies, not that some aren't capable of an intelligent discourse, because some are.... but then again, some aren't.

I too, like the direct approach. I'm in middle management, riding herd on over 100 guys that would and could do anything to break or stretch company policy and regulations if they could. I don't let them. I have a lot of names (mostly derogatory), you know what, I don't give a s**t. I run a tight ship. I tell the jokes. You laugh whether it's funny or not.

I know exactly what you mean. I only have ~12 dudes who report directly to me (3-5 more on the way) but we ride herd over +1200 in my area. Probably why I have such little tolerance for some of the attitudes & rule "benders" we run into here

t

Old 09-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member

This thread is turning out better than I expected ... and nice to know I'm not alone.

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Platinum Member

You aren't. We all have one thing in common, we are all over 30 and while you prefer Merlot and I prefer Sherry, we look at things in the same light.

I apologize for putting Feen-a-mint and Feenix in the same vein.

Ive gotten to the point where instead of being argumentative I just delete my thread notification and continue on.....

On a different note, it's amazing to me how 100 odd employees can be so creative in subverting company policy. Just amazing. When I slap their pee pees, they always say the same thing... who, me???

What we need is a sub forum titled 'Superfluous Threads'....., but then I've asked (and not received a sub forum for hard cast lead projectiles where we can discuss the aspects of melting wheel weights over a propane burner and casting our own pills, something I do.

No doubt I'll probably succumb to lead poisoning at some point.